Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

53 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Wild down 1-0 but just got a PP. They need to stay out of the box, had to kill 4 today.

21 penalties in todays game thus far and are down 2-0. The game is pretty chippy, this playoff hockey is not nearly as clean as standard playoff hockey.

Nani is just too good. MN was the better team for the run of play, but those two goals from Nani were both world class. 

I think we really missed a true #10 for the first 60 minutes. Amarilla needs someone to play off of and this 4-3-3 just had too big of a gap between him and Gregus/Hayes.

8 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Haha, yes. Do or die tonight!

You kids should expect to be disappointed...the North Stars were pretty much the same for me growing up.  Maybe the Wild are even worse...at least we had a couple runs to the Stanley Cup Finals (which ended up in losses, of course), but the Wild have hung their hat on 1 single run to a Conference Finals in which they got swept...and that was 17 years ago.

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

You kids should expect to be disappointed...the North Stars were pretty much the same for me growing up.  Maybe the Wild are even worse...at least we had a couple runs to the Stanley Cup Finals (which ended up in losses, of course), but the Wild have hung their hat on 1 single run to a Conference Finals in which they got swept...and that was 17 years ago.

In true MN fashion I'm expecting them to lose tonight. They have yet to score a 5-on-5 goal all series. They'll lose tonight or break our hearts in Game 5 somehow. Based on how their season was going they probably didn't even deserve to get into the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d rather watch the Wild get to the playoffs and lose, than miss the playoffs all together. Just ask Wolves fans. 

At least from my POV the future looks fairly bright for the Wild. Fiala is looking like a legit game-breaker and we'll see what Kaprizov can add to the team next season.

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d rather watch the Wild get to the playoffs and lose, than miss the playoffs all together. Just ask Wolves fans. 

Look at the Dennis Green era Vikings and KG-era Wolves.  That's fine at first, but then it gets awfully frustrating.  The Wild are clearly in that category now.  It's fine to make the playoffs, but you want to see them actually do something with it sometime.  

40 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Look at the Dennis Green era Vikings and KG-era Wolves.  That's fine at first, but then it gets awfully frustrating.  The Wild are clearly in that category now.  It's fine to make the playoffs, but you want to see them actually do something with it sometime.  

You’d like too, but it’s better than what the Wolves have gotten since. 

There’s a lot more likelihood and room to fall than there is to rise from the Green era Vikings, Garnett era Wolves, Hunter era Twins, and even Zimmer era Vikings.