Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

That's quite the leap you're making.

It may be a leap...but, show me a legendary player where we still talk about how their parents act.  The reality is, at this point, none of his sons has done enough in the sports world to overshadow him.  They may be okay players, but they clearly, to this point, haven't been worth the headache that the Big Baller represents.  LaMelo may change that, but nothing, as far as I've read about him, has really shown that that'll be the case.   

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

The fact that we're arguing about who the Wolves should take at one just proves one thing: The Timberwolves will make the wrong choice 😁

That's likely correct, but we always can have hope that the Rosas reign will be different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

Why?

Taking a half court shot in the middle of a game?  It seems like the only purpose for it would be to bring attention to himself. Along the lines of Lamelo's 90 point games, it's like the sole purpose of his team is just so he can showcase his talent.

Edited by Worm Guts
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 10:53 AM, swede700 said:

I may know less than you as the only Anthony Edwards guy I know is the one from ER.

I looked him up and I now need some clarification from both @vike daddy and @Virginia Viking, am I now officially old, since this Anthony Edwards guy is younger than both of my children?  😂

Yup!!

2 hours ago, Worm Guts said:

Taking a half court shot in the middle of a game?  It seems like the only purpose for it would be to bring attention to himself. Along the lines of Lamelo's 90 point games, it's like the sole purpose of his team is just so he can showcase his talent.

Bingo.

Only thing he really has going for him is a great passing ability and knows how to handle the basketball.  Because like I said before his shot is jacked up, his footwork sucks, his effort on defense is crap and he is honestly not very athletic and is wildly thin.  Fancy passes usually gets everyone excited with prospects, especially if they have height for the PG position.  But take Ben Simmons, he would eat LaMelo alive defensively and offensively he would take him to the cup at will.  Lucky for LaMelo the NBA has become a less physical league and shooting crazy deep threes is more the norm.  But fact is he is not Steph Curry and he is not Damien Lillard so he should never be shooting those type of shots.  Steph shoots better from the 3 point line in the NBA that LaMelo shot from the freaking field in a crap basketball league.  

16 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Cool man. You went and looked up some stats and stories and reposted. I think we’re done here. 

Um no.  Good job pretending but I not only watch more college football than you I also watch most basketball than you college or pro.  I have been following the NFL and NBA draft very closely for the past 20 years.  Doubt you can say the same, so pretend I do not watch games and just read what others say online which is clearly more along the lines of what you do if you believe this bull**** hype around LaMelo.  

4 hours ago, Worm Guts said:

Ah, so Steph and Dame are showboats?

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Bingo.

Only thing he really has going for him is a great passing ability and knows how to handle the basketball.  Because like I said before his shot is jacked up, his footwork sucks, his effort on defense is crap and he is honestly not very athletic and is wildly thin.  Fancy passes usually gets everyone excited with prospects, especially if they have height for the PG position.  But take Ben Simmons, he would eat LaMelo alive defensively and offensively he would take him to the cup at will.  Lucky for LaMelo the NBA has become a less physical league and shooting crazy deep threes is more the norm.  But fact is he is not Steph Curry and he is not Damien Lillard so he should never be shooting those type of shots.  Steph shoots better from the 3 point line in the NBA that LaMelo shot from the freaking field in a crap basketball league.  

Um no.  Good job pretending but I not only watch more college football than you I also watch most basketball than you college or pro.  I have been following the NFL and NBA draft very closely for the past 20 years.  Doubt you can say the same, so pretend I do not watch games and just read what others say online which is clearly more along the lines of what you do if you believe this bull**** hype around LaMelo.  

ok man. hope your chest is ok after all of that thumping. 

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

ok man. hope your chest is ok after all of that thumping. 

You are the one that called me lazy and accused me of not watching any games.  So yeah I was a little pissed on that comment so I defended myself.  Sure watching games is not everything but does give one a basis for evaluation and comparison that is not only 4-5 years deep.  

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Ah, so Steph and Dame are showboats?

No Steph and Dame can shoot the ball against good defense and the ball actually goes in.  They both have absolutely great form and footwork as a jump shooter and know how to get their shot off, that cannot be said about LaMelo Ball at this time and for one to even mention their name with LaMelo is an insult to both of them.  LaMelo is far from a completely prospect and is a risk to say the least.  Ja Morant was not and is better than Ball at everything outside of maybe passing but even that is debatable.  

It is a weak guard class obviously, even local star Tyrell Terry is a projected top 15 pick and he weighs what 165 pounds?  Fine feel for the game and a good shot but is really small obviously, but not many other quality guards out there, lucky for LaMelo though.

• Like 1