Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

27 minutes ago, swede700 said:

What I read is that they simply went with the money, availability for their fans was really secondary.  The Twins deserve as much responsibility as them, because they full well knew the previous issues and the risk they were taking by signing another contract. 

Obviously, I don't live in the market, so I'm clearly not impacted, but I feel for those that are, as it reminds me of the way back when days of Rogers Cable when I used to watch the North Stars days through snowy screens (back when they were only able to scramble the programming and not shut it off completely).  🤣 

Are they even guaranteed to get all of the money? Bally sports isn't going to be bringing much in.  They should have been working on something else even if they took a short term loss. 

I haven't been able to watch the twins in like 3 years

one of our Viking UDFA's:

Spencer Rolland, OL

College: 
North Carolina (after Harvard)

Height, Weight:
6-6, 306 pounds

High school: Apple Valley (Minnesota)

College career:
(2022-23 at North Carolina) started all 26 games played and earned Honorable Mention All-ACC in 2023 as a graduate student
(2018-21 at Harvard) appeared in 20 total games, including 10 in 2019 after redshirting in 2018 and 10 more in 2021 after the Ivy League did not play in 2020; earned First-Team All-Ivy honors in 2021

Local product: 
Rolland was a team captain as a senior at Apple Valley and a Mr. Football finalist, who also was part of a state champion hoops squad.

https://www.vikings.com/news/2024-undrafted-free-agents-offensive-linemen-defense

Just now, vike daddy said:

one of our Viking UDFA's:

Spencer Rolland, OL

College: 
North Carolina (after Harvard)

Height, Weight:
6-6, 306 pounds

High school: Apple Valley (Minnesota)

College career:
(2022-23 at North Carolina) started all 26 games played and earned Honorable Mention All-ACC in 2023 as a graduate student
(2018-21 at Harvard) appeared in 20 total games, including 10 in 2019 after redshirting in 2018 and 10 more in 2021 after the Ivy League did not play in 2020; earned First-Team All-Ivy honors in 2021

Local product: 
Rolland was a team captain as a senior at Apple Valley and a Mr. Football finalist, who also was part of a state champion hoops squad.

https://www.vikings.com/news/2024-undrafted-free-agents-offensive-linemen-defense

Well, we've had good luck on the football field with Harvard offensive linemen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

The Twins have won 12 consecutive games for the first time since 1991.

They won the World Series that year.

MLB.com

They need to go on a playoff run so I can watch them

• Like 1

This Timberwolves team is so much fun to watch. Anthony Edwards is the new face of the NBA, and he's using these playoffs to show that he's the best player in the league. I liked the Gobert trade when it happened, mostly because it was a bold move to try SOMETHING to pull the franchise out of the muck. But it's been even better than I could have imagined. I keep saying that these wins are "statement wins," but it's now just becoming routine. 

Twins and Wolves are unbeaten in their last 17. That's incredible. Great time to be a MN sports fan. (We don't talk about the Wild). 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Minnesota Twins are undefeated since the Vikings drafted JJ McCarthy.

VikingsNation.com

hmmm....

Nope. Twins lost a few hours before you posted this.

• Like 1

I may find the time to watch them if they get to the Finals..it's nice that it's only taken them 35 years to be a legitimate threat in the playoffs (although they did have that one year with Sam and Latrell).  Let's hope that they can continue to be. 

I caught some of the game, shame for the later start time. But that was just impressive. I am shocked that Murray wasn't T'd up and tossed from the game yesterday. I hope that he gets suspended for the next game, if he doesn't, that's a really bad look by the NBA. But even with them throwing some tantrums and the Wolves without Gobert the Wolves just swarmed on defense. 

• Like 1

The first half defense from Wolves was probably the best defensive half from any team in NBA in maybe like nearly 2 decades, especially against a team like Nuggets....Wolves were incredibly disciplined even without DPOY

• Like 2