Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Yesterday's win was also nice. I think the tweet that I saw sums it up well, right now the Suns are basically going through 3 players, the Wolves are playing with 9 players. I also saw that during the games the Wolves had given up 3-4 points off of turnovers versus scoring 20+ themselves.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

The last time each MN team has been up 2-0 in a playoff series...

Timberwolves: 2003-04 (until last night)
Twins: 2023 before that it was 1991 WS against the Braves
Vikings: 1987
Wild: 1992 as the North Stars

Does the Vikings not actually playing a "series" really count?  😂

Wolves would have had a very good chance of making conference finals if they were in the Clippers/Mavs side of bracket. If they wrap up this Suns series, they will have chance for sure vs Denver in Semifinals but it's gonna be a dogfight. Denver executes things so well in 4th quarter which is the biggest difference between both the teams

29 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Since the Vikings haven’t won 2 games during the playoffs in my lifetime, it counts. 

That '87 playoffs was magical.  They played the Saints in the WC round, who were making their first playoff appearance ever (had been in the NFL for 20 yrs), and absolutely waxed them.  And then AC went off vs what was widely considered the best 49ers team of their dynasty.  And then were well on their way to tying the Redskins in the NFCC...only for Darrin Nelson to drop the 4th down catch that he potentially could have carried to the end zone.  

That was the most magical season in Minnesota sports history, at least for me.  Outside of the Twins and the Vikings' seasons, the NBA officially awarded a team to Minnesota (which of course became the Wolves) and my HS hockey team won the state tournament...that might have also been the year that Minneapolis was awarded the 1992 NCAA Final Four, if I recall correctly. 

On the other hand, that was also the year of the greatest flood in Twin Cities history (4 yrs before the Halloween Blizzard) where my parents lost their car in our apartment's flooded parking lot (as it was a below ground level parking lot).  I think it ended up about 12-13 inches of rain in about 8 hours. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That '87 playoffs was magical.  They played the Saints in the WC round, who were making their first playoff appearance ever (had been in the NFL for 20 yrs), and absolutely waxed them.  And then AC went off vs what was widely considered the best 49ers team of their dynasty.  And then were well on their way to tying the Redskins in the NFCC...only for Darrin Nelson to drop the 4th down catch that he potentially could have carried to the end zone.  

That was the most magical season in Minnesota sports history, at least for me.  Outside of the Twins and the Vikings' seasons, the NBA officially awarded a team to Minnesota (which of course became the Wolves) and my HS hockey team won the state tournament...that might have also been the year that Minneapolis was awarded the 1992 NCAA Final Four, if I recall correctly. 

Probably the year that got me hooked on sports. I was 8-9 years old and have been a  die hard Minnesota sports fan ever since.

Just now, Worm Guts said:

Probably the year that got me hooked on sports. I was 8-9 years old and have been a  die hard Minnesota sports fan ever since.

It's the year that brought me back to the Vikings after being a short-term Rams fan after that abysmal Les Steckel year.