Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

22 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Huge game for the Wolves tonight against the Nuggets. 

1. Wolves (55-24): Nuggets, Hawks, Suns (remaining opponents combined win percentage .578)
2. Nuggets (55-24): Wolves, Spurs, Grizzlies (.430)
3. Thunder (54-25): Spurs, Bucks, Mavericks (.494)

A win tonight keeps them on track for the #1 seed, a loss very well means they won't get it.

Wolves couldn't pull off the win last night and fell to the 3rd seed. They'll need to win out and have the Thunder lose to the Bucks, to get the 2nd seed back. I don't see the Nuggets losing to either of their remaining opponents.

Hopefully KAT can knock a little rust off the next two games.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Wolves couldn't pull off the win last night and fell to the 3rd seed. They'll need to win out and have the Thunder lose to the Bucks, to get the 2nd seed back. I don't see the Nuggets losing to either of their remaining opponents.

Hopefully KAT can knock a little rust off the next two games.

I thought the Wolves had the tiebreaker over the Thunder?

I'm honestly not sure how the tie-breakers work but just went with what ESPN had in the standings.

Bucks can't catch the Celtics for #1 in the East but they need to fend off the Knicks to hold onto #2. Hopefully they can take down the Thunder tomorrow night.

31 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Carlos Correa now hurt.... It's a cursed year. Which the owner deserves, but not the team or fans. 

Getting all of the injuries out of the way now so they are healthy for the world series run. 

When is brooks Lee going to be back?

12 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

How does OKC hold a 3-way tiebreaker? 

Best record between the 3 teams, they beat Denver 3 out of 4. Wolves were 2-2 against both other teams.

Edited by Worm Guts

17 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

The Wolves did not win...

But now onto the playoffs for revenge against the Suns. Need to contest a lot of those 3 pointers that were falling yesterday.

It doesn't bode well for the Wolves that they crapped the bed in the biggest game of the year against an opponent that has had their number. I don't feel confident about this series. The Suns are the one Western Conference team the Wolves just match up terribly with.