Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

On 2/20/2024 at 9:22 AM, The Gnat said:

There is, but it's a Scott Boras pitcher and I believe that they'd need to give up draft capital if they were to sign them right now.

Why would they have to give up a draft pick now? 

Sounds like the owners kind of squashed the idea of spending much more money

8 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Why would they have to give up a draft pick now? 

Sounds like the owners kind of squashed the idea of spending much more money

Blake Snell got a qualifying offer/weird thing however it works in MLB. I forget how it works, but I think the Twins would lose their 1st round pick or something like that. But yes, it's more the owners not adding payroll. If Kepler is moved then it's possible that they'd add a SP.

8 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Blake Snell got a qualifying offer/weird thing however it works in MLB. I forget how it works, but I think the Twins would lose their 1st round pick or something like that. But yes, it's more the owners not adding payroll. If Kepler is moved then it's possible that they'd add a SP.

Oh I was thinking it was more like how comp picks are done in the NFL. Maybe they will make a trade at the deadline.  Maybe they could trade Kepler and farmer or Julian if Brooks Lee and Martin or a different outfielder steps up

• 2 weeks later...