Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

• 2 weeks later...

Good win for Wolves vs red hot Clippers team despite unnecessarily complicating things towards the end. Need to clean this up before playoffs. Wolves went through a tough stretch of games over the last month but still hanging onto No1 seed in West. If only they could have held onto win that game vs Celtics, it would have been even better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SotanKing said:

Good win for Wolves vs red hot Clippers team despite unnecessarily complicating things towards the end. Need to clean this up before playoffs. Wolves went through a tough stretch of games over the last month but still hanging onto No1 seed in West. If only they could have held onto win that game vs Celtics, it would have been even better.

Considering the circumstances of that Celtics game, they played great. I think this team is still learning how to be winners, but there’s half a season left to come together. I don’t think we’ve seen this team peak yet!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Considering the circumstances of that Celtics game, they played great. I think this team is still learning how to be winners, but there’s half a season left to come together. I don’t think we’ve seen this team peak yet!

yeah...they have so much room to improve on offense. Just need to cutdown atleast 1-2 dumb turnovers they commit every game

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SotanKing said:

yeah...they have so much room to improve on offense. Just need to cutdown atleast 1-2 dumb turnovers they commit every game

Agreed. On a related note, it seems that KAT’s whining to the refs is waaay down. It doesn’t seem that he is letting bad calls get in his head nearly as much as he used to.

46 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Good for Mauer. I'm quite surprised he was a comfortable first-ballot pick though. I think that means Buster Posey almost has to be a first or second ballot guy too. 

I think he ended up with 76%, so I don't know if I would call it comfortable, but first ballot is always impressive.

9 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

I think he ended up with 76%, so I don't know if I would call it comfortable, but first ballot is always impressive.

Definitely not comfortable because the last one that got in at a lower percentage than him was Ivan Rodriguez in 2017 and before that, you have to go back to 1991 (when I actually still was following baseball closely) when Fergie Jenkins got in at 75.4%.  Mauer got in with one of the lowest induction percentages in history. 

49 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Definitely not comfortable because the last one that got in at a lower percentage than him was Ivan Rodriguez in 2017 and before that, you have to go back to 1991 (when I actually still was following baseball closely) when Fergie Jenkins got in at 75.4%.  Mauer got in with one of the lowest induction percentages in history. 

Ah. I was unaware that 75% was the cutoff. For some reason, I thought it was 2/3. Still, I'm shocked he was a first-ballot selection. 

• Like 1