Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

And then the freshman QB left as well...it's rather ridiculous.  Only the 5th yr senior is left and will have to start the bowl game (and hope he doesn't get injured). 

I know we've talked about how "soft" this generation is in a different context, but as far as this is...I always believe that the kids should have options, but this transfer portal stuff is out of control and kids seem to leave for the "softest" of reasons.  These guys may have a legitimate reason to move on, but if so, the timing is atrocious, because it makes you look like you just can't handle competition or pressure. 

Kids are soft these days.....people have been saying that for centuries, and it remains lame today, just as it was before.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Kids are soft these days.....people have been saying that for centuries, and it remains lame today, just as it was before.

As life gets easier, people get softer.  We build a better life for our children, then we resent them for it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Literally, you can find news articles from more than 100 years ago saying this.....it just isn't true. 

Of course they did, but life has gotten easier over time. We don't live in caves and we don't have to kill our food. Of course we're softer, and probably getting softer with each generation.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, swede700 said:

We should note though that it's only 12/1.  There's still 5 months left. 

I was at the Memphis game on Sunday and the Wild game last night. Heck of a week to be a Minnesota sports fan in Tennessee! 

This Wolves team is deep. They’re built different, literally and figuratively. I’ve been watching Wolves basketball from the beginning and have never seen them carry themselves with the confidence and swagger they are this year. They expect to win every game. More importantly, I think they know they can win every game. If they stay relatively healthy, they’re going to run away with the Western Conference. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

I was at the Memphis game on Sunday and the Wild game last night. Heck of a week to be a Minnesota sports fan in Tennessee! 

This Wolves team is deep. They’re built different, literally and figuratively. I’ve been watching Wolves basketball from the beginning and have never seen them carry themselves with the confidence and swagger they are this year. They expect to win every game. More importantly, I think they know they can win every game. If they stay relatively healthy, they’re going to run away with the Western Conference. 

I know everyone wants to point and laugh cause it's the wolves, so it's easy to not buy in.

But there isn't a legitimate argument that places this team outside of the top 3 teams in the ENTIRE NBA. There are certainly some concerning points and things they can improve on, but this team is GOOD.

So exciting to see and with Ant being well....Ant, they're so fun to watch too 

• Like 3