Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

I'm excited about Provus. Hopefully I'm able to watch done. 

I don't know how I feel about Kris full time.  He definitely will come prepared but he doesn't really have a radio voice and I think he talks to much sometimes. I haven't heard him much lately though

I wonder if that's why they had Bremer retire,  so they could keep provus 

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Minnesota Football landed QB Max Brosmer via the transfer portal! Brosmer led the FCS with 3,449 passing yards and racked up 34 total touchdowns at New Hampshire in 2023.

SkorNorth.com

We'll have to see how he does.  I tried to look up some other guys who have come out of UNH...and there really haven't been any.  The most notable players to come out of there are coaches...Ryan Day and Chip Kelly...and somewhat ironically, their current head coach has many of their school records at QB.  The only NFL player we know of is that old Bears CB Jerry Azumah. 

The Seward neighborhood will be getting a new business next year.

On Wednesday, A Bar of Their Own posted on social media that it will be opening on the 2200 block of East Franklin Avenue in the building formerly housed Tracy’s Saloon and Eatery, which closed in September after 44 years of business.

According to owner Jillian Hiscock, A Bar of Their Own will be Minnesota’s first sports bar dedicated to only women’s sports.

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/local-news/bar-dedicated-to-womens-sports-announces-opening-date-in-minneapolis/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KSTP-TV&fbclid=IwAR0qoI3EibjIXhVr7-MfWop9edPpCv6kQVi62JDHRML0Yi-7hxju-auYh4s

• Like 3

12 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

$700 million is insane

It is. However, he’s going to be well worth it to the Dodgers. In the short term, he brings one of the best bats in the game. He will pitch again, and that will increase the value. In the long term, he’ll probably only pitch a few more seasons. His bat will eventually decline. The last 3-4 years will seem like an absolute albatross to the Dodgers. But, he’s going to generate well over a billion dollars in merchandise, ticket sales, free advertising, and by bringing in a significant portion of the Japanese fanbase. He essentially makes them Japan’s “home team.” 

• Like 3

Darius Taylor II and Jordan Nubin have company in the Golden Gophers backfield. 

Trent Howland announced Sunday that he's bringing his 6-foot-3, 240-pound body to Minnesota to play for P.J. Fleck and the Gophers football team, where he'll help form a talented trio alongside Taylor and Nubin in 2024. 

Howland was in the transfer portal after rushing for 354 yards and two touchdowns for the Indiana Hoosiers this season. Those 354 yards actually led the Hoosiers on the ground. While the total yards aren't impressive for a leading rusher, his 4.7 yards per carry would've ranked second in Minnesota behind Taylor's 5.7 yards per carry this season. 

https://www.si.com/college/minnesota/football/hoosiers-leading-rusher-trent-howland-transfers-to-minnesota?fbclid=IwAR2qfhMaieKNTpCrtdgKCj5i1GXWm1s6Eu9NjpX9Hq4z9Wv7ngbVJmlOaIY