Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

20 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Is the arena football lady's just being rebooted? I thought it was done?

It was done, but it's being resurrected.

On another note, I didn't watch the game, so I don't know all of the circumstances, but I've seen the videos...how does Draymond Green not get suspended for a month for that act? 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, swede700 said:

He didn't want to change his best. 

And then the freshman QB left as well...it's rather ridiculous.  Only the 5th yr senior is left and will have to start the bowl game (and hope he doesn't get injured). 

I know we've talked about how "soft" this generation is in a different context, but as far as this is...I always believe that the kids should have options, but this transfer portal stuff is out of control and kids seem to leave for the "softest" of reasons.  These guys may have a legitimate reason to move on, but if so, the timing is atrocious, because it makes you look like you just can't handle competition or pressure. 

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

And then the freshman QB left as well...it's rather ridiculous.  Only the 5th yr senior is left and will have to start the bowl game (and hope he doesn't get injured). 

I know we've talked about how "soft" this generation is in a different context, but as far as this is...I always believe that the kids should have options, but this transfer portal stuff is out of control and kids seem to leave for the "softest" of reasons.  These guys may have a legitimate reason to move on, but if so, the timing is atrocious, because it makes you look like you just can't handle competition or pressure. 

I see it more of an indictment of Fleck, really. His gameplans are garbage. His decisions are worse. His coaching ceiling is mediocre, and he reached that ceiling several years ago. If I was a young QB, I'd have zero confidence in his ability to put me in a position to succeed. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I see it more of an indictment of Fleck, really. His gameplans are garbage. His decisions are worse. His coaching ceiling is mediocre, and he reached that ceiling several years ago. If I was a young QB, I'd have zero confidence in his ability to put me in a position to succeed. 

Could be.  I'm not going to defend his gameplans...especially since I don't know how much he actually puts into the gameplan himself, or if that is mostly just done by the co-OCs...obviously, he's ultimately responsible for it, however.  I certainly question some of the game-day decisions...but, I also think that the kids still have the ultimate control by what they do on the field.  Fleck wasn't the one completing 50% of his passes and barely throwing more TDs than picks.  I don't know what Fleck told them in the room about opening up the competition, but it still gives a bad perception about your persistence in the face of pressure. 

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I’d be more on board with this thinking if it wasn’t such a nationwide issue within college football. The number of QBs entering the portal is absurd. 

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

Still have another freshmen QB in Max Shikenjanski from Stillwater.... wondering if he wished he stuck with basketball at this point.