Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

The Wolves just keep rolling. Their game against Philly tonight will be big. It would be great to see them continue opening up their lead in the West.

The Wild's coaching change has completely salvaged their season. They have a deep hole to dig themselves out of, but being 7-3 in their last 10 games sure doesn't hurt their chances.

And the Twins just keep on...well...umm...nevermind.

• Like 1

Fleck can recruit, no doubt. But that also just further drives my questions of him as a coach. As well as his staff. 

For the last 5 or so years we’ve seen some excellent recruiting classes, but where is that translating to talent on the field? 

I don’t know when college teams start making changes to their staffs, but I really hope that Fleck finds a new offensive coordinator. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Fleck can recruit, no doubt. But that also just further drives my questions of him as a coach. As well as his staff. 

For the last 5 or so years we’ve seen some excellent recruiting classes, but where is that translating to talent on the field? 

I don’t know when college teams start making changes to their staffs, but I really hope that Fleck finds a new offensive coordinator. 

I think he still has those co-OCs, correct?  I've heard the potential for doing the same with the DC now that Rossi took the money from MSU and ran.  I always hate the idea of co-coordinators since it just seems to be too many cooks in the kitchen. 

His coaching and development will be under an even larger magnifying glass with USC, UCLA, Washington and Oregon coming in, so he'll have to step up his game in that department or they'll be finishing in "double-digit" places in the conference every year. 

27 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

The Wolves just keep rolling. Their game against Philly tonight will be big. It would be great to see them continue opening up their lead in the West.

This team is so impressive.

What's really exciting is that all of these core young players (JMcD, Ant and kind of Kat) have playoff experience and so they'll be a lot more prepared for the moment I think.

It's also possible this team hasn't even peaked yet this year. Jaden McDaniels is still clearly working back from his injury, and his impact on defense is obviously significant.

Ps- I'm hopeful they start getting him more comfortable in the offense and he can work up to being the 3rd option in the half court.

Edited by Dolmonite26
  • Like 2