Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, SotanKing said:

2 weeks back, I thought Wolves had <5% chance of getting No1 seed but they proved me wrong...back to No1 seed with just 9 games remaining and they also do own tiebreakers against Nuggets, Thunder

This stretch of games without KAT has been incredibly encouraging. It also makes you wonder, if they trade KAT, who is playing the best ball of his career, how much better could they get? 

• 2 weeks later...

This would be fantastic...

7. Minnesota Lynx

Angel Reese | 6-3 forward/center | LSU

The Lynx were one of the worst rebounding teams in the league in 2023, and if there is one thing Reese brings to the table, it’s the ability to rebound. Minnesota would be an interesting fit for Reese because the Lynx have a lot of perimeter creation and bigs who can operate away from the basket, leaving some room in the middle for Reese to work. She plays hard on both ends of the floor, which should earn her minutes under head coach Cheryl Reeve.

https://theathletic.com/5403860/2024/04/10/2024-wnba-mock-draft-caitlin-clark-angel-reese/

• Like 1

Huge game for the Wolves tonight against the Nuggets. 

1. Wolves (55-24): Nuggets, Hawks, Suns (remaining opponents combined win percentage .578)
2. Nuggets (55-24): Wolves, Spurs, Grizzlies (.430)
3. Thunder (54-25): Spurs, Bucks, Mavericks (.494)

A win tonight keeps them on track for the #1 seed, a loss very well means they won't get it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Glen Taylor going from villain to hero wasn’t on the bingo card. 

Based on what I read, is saving the team from cutting payroll really being a hero?  I mean he paid the luxury tax before in a season they won 32 games, so that would be far from suggesting he's a hero now because he's willing to do it again.  

Edited by swede700