Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Not Wolves talk, Twins are on a 7 game winning streak. Granted, it's been against the White Sox and a Angels team who isn't great. But a 7 game winning streak is still impressive. And the big thing is that the bats have been going, which wasn't the case to start the season. And reinforcements coming with Correa and Duran back soon and then Lewis a bit after them.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Not Wolves talk, Twins are on a 7 game winning streak. Granted, it's been against the White Sox and a Angels team who isn't great. But a 7 game winning streak is still impressive. And the big thing is that the bats have been going, which wasn't the case to start the season. And reinforcements coming with Correa and Duran back soon and then Lewis a bit after them.

Plus their next 3 is against the White Sox again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Gnat said:

The Sox just swept Tampa, so there are no gimmies

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

The Sox just swept Tampa, so there are no gimmies

Nope, not that Tampa is all that great yet this year, but a late inning close game win last night by the Twins to take it to 8 in a row.

They got win #9 last night. A good comeback win. And it's nice to have Duran back and at the back of the pen again. Kepler drives in the winning run two games in a row late. That's very nice to see that the offense is being a bit more productive.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

And Buxton just left the game. Either a hit and run or straight steal, didn't even slide, pulled up lame, I guess we'll see him in September.

That's unfortunate.  How has Martin looked in centerfield? Does he have to stay down for a certain amount of time?

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

That's unfortunate.  How has Martin looked in centerfield? Does he have to stay down for a certain amount of time?

I think he might need to be down a little bit longer, but he was doing decently well out there when he was up from what I saw.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

How many people can actually watch the twins?

0 or slightly lower. It was funny Bally Sports put out a tweet about how people should reach out to xfinity to get them to negotiate with Bally and all the comments (well 90%+) were ripping Bally/Diamond/Sinclair and telling them it was their fault.

50 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

If there's an injury with a trip to the injured list, he can come back up then. He was fine.

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

0 or slightly lower. It was funny Bally Sports put out a tweet about how people should reach out to xfinity to get them to negotiate with Bally and all the comments (well 90%+) were ripping Bally/Diamond/Sinclair and telling them it was their fault.

It's crazy that the twins signed another contract with them

Twins have now won 10 in a row. Win looks easier than it was/sounded from what I heard on the radio and saw online. But 5th time in team history with a double digit winning streak. And first time ever winning all the games on a 10 game road trip. They'd previously won all the games on a six gamer, but never 10. We'll have to see what news comes out from Buxton, but otherwise a very good day for the Twins.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

It's crazy that the twins signed another contract with them

What I read is that they simply went with the money, availability for their fans was really secondary.  The Twins deserve as much responsibility as them, because they full well knew the previous issues and the risk they were taking by signing another contract. 

Obviously, I don't live in the market, so I'm clearly not impacted, but I feel for those that are, as it reminds me of the way back when days of Rogers Cable when I used to watch the North Stars days through snowy screens (back when they were only able to scramble the programming and not shut it off completely).  🤣