Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

16 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

so guys... no chatter about Game 1?

Ant looked out of sorts. He looked gassed in the 4th quarter. I don't remember any points in the paint for him.

The refs weren't giving ANY calls in the paint. 

KAT's "goaltending" call was BS.

KAT played a good game. Rudy has handles of stone.

Can't let Luka dribble into the paint, but if they are going to let him, they need to let him finish one on one and not pas to wide open teammates off the double team. 

Dallas played a near perfect game. This series is going to be a slugfest if Ant can't get going. 

• Like 2

The 3's were there for the most part and dropping in the 1st half but it was surprising to see them jack up 49 of them (they hadn't shot over 40 in a regular season game).

We need to make our free throws, 61% is abysmal. 

They looked a little tired and lethargic at times, that can't happen in game 2 (or the rest of the series for that matter).

BRING YA ***!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I have on my list to get to the Spoon and Stable when I'm up there (certainly will be expensive, but I'm always willing to do so once).  Has anyone been there?   

I have not. Just looked at their current menu though. The dry-aged duck breast sounds insane...

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I have on my list to get to the Spoon and Stable when I'm up there (certainly will be expensive, but I'm always willing to do so once).  Has anyone been there?   

Now that is a real restaurant. Definitely would recommend. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

The 3's were there for the most part and dropping in the 1st half but it was surprising to see them jack up 49 of them (they hadn't shot over 40 in a regular season game).

1st half: 11/25 (.440)

1Q: 6/11 (.545)
2Q: 5/14 (.357)

2nd half: 7/24 (.291)

3Q: 2/12 (.167)
4Q: 5/12 (.417)

Ouch.

"It was a rough film session," Finch said matter-of-factly. "I told the guys, 'It's been a long time since I've been this disappointed in your effort. Your performance, your attitude, your application and attention to detail just wasn't there.' The Western Conference finals started. Not sure if they got the memo. But they got it this afternoon."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40205703/timberwolves-rough-film-session-finch-g1-loss

Get after 'em Finchy, I love this line!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

"It was a rough film session," Finch said matter-of-factly. "I told the guys, 'It's been a long time since I've been this disappointed in your effort. Your performance, your attitude, your application and attention to detail just wasn't there.' The Western Conference finals started. Not sure if they got the memo. But they got it this afternoon."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40205703/timberwolves-rough-film-session-finch-g1-loss

Get after 'em Finchy, I love this line!

They needed to get the message. There was no energy last night. 

• Like 1

Nice to see the Wolves playing a bit better this game two.

Crazy how unaggressive Ant was in game 1, he has taken by far more shots in the paint in this first few minutes than he did all of game 1.

Still, Doncic and Irving cannot be the best post scores in the series which really they were game one, especially Doncic.  He cannot be the most physical player on the court when the Wolves have three solid bigs in Towns, Gobert and Reid.

They should play McLaughlin or Morris more this series, at least let them run around with Kyrie a bit to give Conley and Edwards a break.  Is disappointing how little Alexander-Walker has been when he comes in, so streaky and not consistent at all.  Sucks to have such bad guard play in terms of the backups.