Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

40 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

I completely agree with you. Minnesota winters have gotten me down the older I get. I stay here because of my wife’s family and of course our jobs. I do not want to retire here. I will definitely move south and spend time up here in the summers. As @vike daddy said, I do not want to waste my life waiting for winters to end (I have very few winter activities I enjoy or engage in).

Man, I'm so much busier and more active in the winters. 

Anything over 80 degrees is just miserable. You can't even walk to the store without sweating. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Man, I'm so much busier and more active in the winters. 

Anything over 80 degrees is just miserable. You can't even walk to the store without sweating. 

As a note to @marshpit23, there aren't much in the way of winter activities here in KC either.  I wasn't a snowmobiler, icefisherman or skier when I lived in MN, but I'd much rather have the more constant temps of winter there than what I experience here where the weather changes from day to day and week to week.  It's murderous on the body.  

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s still pretty common to have snow before Thanksgiving. 

in Montana we learned early on that kids' Halloween costumes can't be ballerinas or George of the Jungles, but have to somehow feature turtlenecks, gloves, hats, etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

The funny thing is the mosquitos never bothered me.  Apparently, they didn't like my blood.  😂

We've been out west 8+ years, and I think we have five mosquito bites between us that whole time. It's glorious. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

We've been out west 8+ years, and I think we have five mosquito bites between us that whole time. It's glorious. 

I think between living in MN and KS for most of my life, I've maybe been bit one time. 

Edited by swede700

Making it into the NFL is considered one of the more monumental feats in sports. Making it onto the PGA Tour and qualifying for a U.S. Open may be right up there.

The pride of North Oaks, Minnesota, and the 2020 Minnesota state amateur champion, Frankie Capan III, is at the 2024 U.S. Open. While most of the field is struggling to make it towards the top of the leaderboard, Capan is staying in the thick of it all and is expected to make the cut for the weekend.

Who is accompanying him through his rounds? Well, yes, his caddy, but his trust bag with an amazing Minnesota Vikings logo on the front.

Capan turned pro in 2022 after a collegiate career at Alabama, where he saw success before making the jump to the PGA Tour. He now hopes to make the cut at the U.S. Open at the famed Pinehurst No.2 to have his biggest golf accomplishment to date.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2024/06/14/frankie-cappan-iii-minnesota-vikings-2024-u-s-open

frankie.jpg

Twins shortstop Carlos Correa named American League player of the week.

Correa had 17 hits last week as the Twins won six of seven games. Teammate Austin Martin won the play of the week award. 

Star Trib

• Like 1

Former Gophers diver Sarah Bacon earned her first Olympics berth, qualifying in the 3-meter synchronized springboard event with partner Kassidy Cook by winning at the United States diving trials in Knoxville, Tenn., on Monday night.

They outpaced 2021 Olympians Alison Gibson and Krysta Palmer 629.82-599.49 over 10 dives to make the U.S. team for the Paris Games this summer. Bacon, 27, and Cook, 29, train with Gophers diving coach Wenbo Chen. They finished fourth at the 2023 world championships.

Star Trib

• Like 1

According to Bronny James' agent, Rich Paul, the Minnesota Timberwolves have interest in selecting him in next week's NBA draft. James has notably only worked out for the Suns and Lakers.

"There are other teams that love Bronny. For example, Minnesota, Dallas, Toronto. If it's not the Lakers, it will be someone else. Minnesota would love to get Bronny in, but I don't know who their owner is going to be," Paul told ESPN draft analyst Jonathan Givony.

https://www.si.com/nba/timberwolves/minnesota-timberwolves-rumors/reports-timberwolves-have-definite-interest-in-bronny-james-01j0rv10g7cn?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2Mc-Wx08KGT1BSVBNsgpyXqPw5U3daMLOUnGYtXEHm5NWfhRG1wmBcEFg_aem_ZmFrZWR1bW15MTZieXRlcw

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

According to Bronny James' agent, Rich Paul, the Minnesota Timberwolves have interest in selecting him in next week's NBA draft. James has notably only worked out for the Suns and Lakers.

"There are other teams that love Bronny. For example, Minnesota, Dallas, Toronto. If it's not the Lakers, it will be someone else. Minnesota would love to get Bronny in, but I don't know who their owner is going to be," Paul told ESPN draft analyst Jonathan Givony.

https://www.si.com/nba/timberwolves/minnesota-timberwolves-rumors/reports-timberwolves-have-definite-interest-in-bronny-james-01j0rv10g7cn?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2Mc-Wx08KGT1BSVBNsgpyXqPw5U3daMLOUnGYtXEHm5NWfhRG1wmBcEFg_aem_ZmFrZWR1bW15MTZieXRlcw

😐

No thanks.