Moretti's last mock until combine

moretti19

Cut: 

Randall Cobb: He has lost a step and does not seem to have the YAC ability anymore.

Brett Hundley: I don't think McCarthy called favorable plays for him to succeed, he also did not show improvement throughout the games however.

Ahmad Brooks: Think he is done.

Restructure:

Jordy Nelson: Takes a price cut, moves to the slot to play in the Fitz role.

Resigned:

Morgan Burnett: Well worth the money, brings a proven vet back to the defense and some stability at the position.

Quinton Dial: Good depth

Jahri Evans: No need to create a need by letting Evans go, had a hell of a year and hopefully can continue playing at the level.

Jeff Janis:  Great special teams player, decent 5th receiver.

Davon House: Good corner when healthy,will come cheap I imagine.

Free Agents:

Brice Butler: I thought he outplayed Dez Bryant this year. Very sure hands and creates a lot of separation.

856336340-los-angeles-rams-v-dallas-cowb

Trent Murphy: Very gifted pass rusher who will fill the biggest need on the defense.

usatsi_9049069_0.jpg

ASJ: Physically gifted tight end who is given a opportunity with an elite Quarter back. Boom or cut pick up.

ASJ_Al_Pereira_v0ziow

Brock Osweiller: Decent back up

brock-osweiler-browns.jpg

Draft: We are awarded a 3rd and 3 5ths

Trade our 2 3rds, 5th and 7th to receive mid 2nd.

Current picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd(from trade),4, 5(comp)5(comp)5(comp), 6th

1st:  Denzel Ward (CB)- I think he will be the number 2 CB taken behind Jackson. Ward fits our man to man scheme we sound like we will be running. Should be able to come in and compete with Davon House for the starting spot.

.MG_0215_ggwrr4.jpg

2nd: Arden Key (3/4 OLB): Seems right now according to the so called draft experts he will slip out of the first due to off field issues and possible poor interviews. Aside from this, when he is on the field I believe he is the best speed rusher in this class. We now have a pass rush rotation of Perry, Mathews, Key, and Murphy

feleipe-franks-arden-key-4b97bd3b76f64d7

2nd( from trade)

Simmie Cobbs Jr (WR): Physically impressive receiver who was unstoppable against Ohio State.

hqdefault.jpg

4th: Trade to Washington for: Sua Cravens: Cravens is similar to Josh Jones but brings a lot of speed and the ability to cover a tight end. He quit on the Redskins and a lot of players did not speak highly of him after that. He has said he is coming back and I would be surprised if the Skins keep him.

BLOG_cravens.jpg

5th: Shawn Dion Hamilton (MLB): Would be a much higher pick if not for an injury to his knee. He can cover and hit.

627421888-e1480818269254.jpg?w=610&h=343

5th: Bo Scarborough (RB): Adds a closer and goal line presence. Surprisingly also has break away speed. 

usatsi_9779563.jpg?itok=qHdXBNsy

5th: Adam Brenemen (TE): Good pass catching weapon that will need to work on blocking.

UMassBreneman-hg-102517-ph02

Nice effort, like the moves. I think Cobb still has value.

I'll pass on any Alabama prospects moving forward, none typically pan out the way they are hyped up to.

Flip Cobbs to Ateman would be my only alteration.

I hate this one with a white, hot passion! The love on this board for Jahri Evans is weird. He is so done. 

Brock Osweiler? Ugh

Sua' Cravens? Ugh! He doesn't really want to play or he's mental. 

Austin whatever Jenkins? Ugh, ugh, ugh. 

The first few players you drafted I like.

What do Brice Butler and Brandon Bostick have in common....er...anyway. I'm hot and cold with this one.

I really wish people would stop mocking CB's early. People forget that our DB's are fine when healthy and that our problem is a lack of pass rush, which should be addressed first. There are always hidden gems at CB to be found on Day 3. Richard Sherman, Ronald Darby, both mid round selections. Su'a Cravens basically abandoned his team. He's essentially Chris Borland at this poind. Forget it. 

I do, however, love your last three picks. Scarborough gives us the power back we could use and I really like Adam Brenemen a lot; he'll be a steal.

14 hours ago, squire12 said:

I like the FA signings...except Osweiler.

All I think would be good viable targets in the mid tier range.

Yes, I get the notion of signing a vet QB, but Osweiler?   There has to be a better option out there than him...

I don't know if we need to draft yet another CB.  IMO EDGE is the bigger need.

21 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Yes, I get the notion of signing a vet QB, but Osweiler?   There has to be a better option out there than him...

I don't know if we need to draft yet another CB.  IMO EDGE is the bigger need.

Ya know.....theres an aspect to Osweiler's game thats always amazed me. For a 6'7" guy - he sure gets alot of passes tipped or knocked down by the DL - which leads me to suspect he's got a seriously bad case of staring his intended target down.

14 hours ago, Golfman said:

I hate this one with a white, hot passion! The love on this board for Jahri Evans is weird. He is so done. 

Brock Osweiler? Ugh

Sua' Cravens? Ugh! He doesn't really want to play or he's mental. 

Austin whatever Jenkins? Ugh, ugh, ugh. 

The first few players you drafted I like.

I agree. McCray  will start at right guard and effectively replace Evans. GB has done a good job of replacing guards with developmental players in their third years. (How will we ever replace Timmerman, Wahle, Rivera, Sitton, Lang, yadda yadda) Guard is a non issue in my opinion as long as we have solid tackle and center play.

I dig the thought you put into this.

I find it highly unlikely that GB will be that active in free agency.  Key word..."that".  I'm only for Murphy and ASJ on low end, one year prove it type deals.  I love Brice Butler.

Love moving around the draft and getting key guys...pun intended.  Get me a draft that gives me Ward and Key and I'm a huge fan.

Archived