SURVIVOR POOL XII is now over! THE DUKE is our champion!

Woz

14 hours ago, swoosh said:

I thought we were allowed to make picks for future weeks when we were going to be away?

You are allowed to make picks for future weeks outside of the blackout window. Once the game you have selected for this week has begun, you cannot make any future picks until after the kickoff of the last Monday Night Football game of that week.

Your pick was made at 11:36 PM on Sunday, October 1st. That was within the blackout window.

9 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

You have to be kidding, I picked Buffalo long before this post and never edited my choice, just tried to add some colour to the pool and you are disqualifying me for editing a comment. That is going too far and makes your pool rather ridiculous, if you are not even allowed to edit a comment.
Your rule says you cannot edit an existing post and my existing post picked Buffalo and I never edited that Pick, so you are not even following your own rules and turning your pool into a complete joke.

When you take common sense out of your rules, nobody will be bothered playing in your pool again. It was ridiculous to disqualify a player for correcting a spelling error and it is beyond ridiculous to suspend me for editing a comment. There is no where in your rules that clearly states I cannot edit a comment.

Again, You are making yourself a complete joke and somewhere along the line, you decided to make yourself a dictator rather than a person who has some common sense.

I can understand a rule on editing your choice by choosing another team, but your last 2 disqualifications do not involve that in any way, shape or form??????????????????

Good luck being a jerk!!!!!!

• Did you post a message?
    • Yes. The post now resides on the forum for all of us to read.
  • Once posted, does that post become an "existing" post?
    • Yes. The post exists on the forum for all of us to read.
  • Did you edit that post?
    • Yes. It has a nice "(edited)" tag associated with it.

So, you did in fact edit an existing post, which is in direct contradiction to the rules. Notice that it does not say "do not edit posts that have a pick listed in it." As @theJ pointed out, I have no idea if your edit removed an invalid selection or not. All I know is that the post was edited, not what was edited.

As I stated in the "Reason" section: "In short, editing is the kiss of death here." That comment will now be more prominently displayed next year since it seems the DO NOT EDIT EXISTING POSTS part was not clear enough. Actually, I'm thinking of the following next year:

EDITING YOUR POST

DON'T!

Any edits (no matter the reason, no matter how small) will lead to disqualification.

THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING!

Even so, I am quite certain even this will require me disqualify people.

I have been running this for eleven years (the original one was run by @skinsfanLA). Every single rule that exists is due to lessons learned from the previous years. The "no editing rule" has been in place since the 4th edition. I have found that excusing "oops, my minor mistake" type edits only leads to arguments later when someone complains that I allowed one edit and not another that was closer to the start time of games. As such, I have a zero tolerance policy, which I thought was somewhat clear from the rules as they were written.

One last thing: I hope you never have to run something like this on your own time, without expectation of any return beyond an occasional "Thanks!" from a minority of those participating. If you do find yourself in my shoes metaphorically speaking, please have the patience to avoid insulting any ungrateful, whiny, self-absorbed poltroons who flipped his lid because he didn't read the rules that are bolded, highlighted in another color, and massively increased in terms of size like I just did. Be a better person than me.

6 hours ago, Woz said:
  • Did you post a message?
    • Yes. The post now resides on the forum for all of us to read.
  • Once posted, does that post become an "existing" post?
    • Yes. The post exists on the forum for all of us to read.
  • Did you edit that post?
    • Yes. It has a nice "(edited)" tag associated with it.

So, you did in fact edit an existing post, which is in direct contradiction to the rules. Notice that it does not say "do not edit posts that have a pick listed in it." As @theJ pointed out, I have no idea if your edit removed an invalid selection or not. All I know is that the post was edited, not what was edited.

As I stated in the "Reason" section: "In short, editing is the kiss of death here." That comment will now be more prominently displayed next year since it seems the DO NOT EDIT EXISTING POSTS part was not clear enough. Actually, I'm thinking of the following next year:

Even so, I am quite certain even this will require me disqualify people.

I have been running this for eleven years (the original one was run by @skinsfanLA). Every single rule that exists is due to lessons learned from the previous years. The "no editing rule" has been in place since the 4th edition. I have found that excusing "oops, my minor mistake" type edits only leads to arguments later when someone complains that I allowed one edit and not another that was closer to the start time of games. As such, I have a zero tolerance policy, which I thought was somewhat clear from the rules as they were written.

One last thing: I hope you never have to run something like this on your own time, without expectation of any return beyond an occasional "Thanks!" from a minority of those participating. If you do find yourself in my shoes metaphorically speaking, please have the patience to avoid insulting any ungrateful, whiny, self-absorbed poltroons who flipped his lid because he didn't read the rules that are bolded, highlighted in another color, and massively increased in terms of size like I just did. Be a better person than me.

Look, I once had great respect for you as someone who would give their time and effort to run something like this pool, but I think you have forgotten why you made up the rules and are now making yourself look quite foolish if not ridiculous by redefining rules to include things that I am sure were never intended to be part of the rules. Correcting the spelling of a contestent's team is hardly editing his choice and editing a comment when My pick was clearly not involved, is just totally stupid and lacking in common sense.

You admit that just maybe, your edit rule was not defined properly enough and that is why so many people have been disqualified because of it, yet you ram it down people's throats like it is as clear as a a bell. And then you wonder why the insults follow. IMO, you deserve every insult coming your way, that is what you can expect when you act like a dictator and use absolutely no common sense. The other contestant picked Pittsburgh and tried to correct his spelling error but never changed his pick. I picked Cincy and never attempted to change my pick and you disqualified both of us based on a rule, you now believe you must rewrite, because after disqualifying so many people, just maybe the rule was not clear enough.

I do not accept complete stupidity nor do I like or respect people who act like dictators, you can expect me to bring up this again and again, every time I see you post. When you have no common sense, how can anyone respect anything you post????

6 hours ago, Woz said:

4 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

editing a comment when My pick was clearly not involved

Again, i don't know how that be proven conclusively.  We can't see what was edited out before the edit, and Woz doesn't update/check the thread every hour.  It's more likely 2/3 times per week.  Lots of time to hide stuff in edits you didn't want him to see.  And in any case, the rules don't say "don't edit your picks".  They say "don't edit your posts".  A post is defined as any post within this thread.

He explained pretty thoroughly why he doesn't allow edits.  Multiple people this year were disqualified this year due to edits.  And multiple people in the years past too.  Plenty of examples of what not to do.  But, you ignored those and edited a post anyway.  Maybe instead of blaming him, you should consider that you might have screwed up?  Take some accountability.

5 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

I do not accept complete stupidity nor do I like or respect people who act like dictators, you can expect me to bring up this again and again, every time I see you post. When you have no common sense, how can anyone respect anything you post????

I think I speak for most people here saying that I will continue to laugh at you again and again every time I see you post here.

The rule couldn't be more clearly stated in the OP.

Look, I once had great respect for you as someone who would give their time and effort to run something like this pool, but I think you have forgotten why you made up the rules and are now making yourself look quite foolish if not ridiculous by redefining rules to include things that I am sure were never intended to be part of the rules. Correcting the spelling of a contestent's team is hardly editing his choice and editing a comment when My pick was clearly not involved, is just totally stupid and lacking in common sense.

You admit that just maybe, your edit rule was not defined properly enough and that is why so many people have been disqualified because of it, yet you ram it down people's throats like it is as clear as a a bell. And then you wonder why the insults follow. IMO, you deserve every insult coming your way, that is what you can expect when you act like a dictator and use absolutely no common sense. The other contestant picked Pittsburgh and tried to correct his spelling error but never changed his pick. I picked Cincy and never attempted to change my pick and you disqualified both of us based on a rule, you now believe you must rewrite, because after disqualifying so many people, just maybe the rule was not clear enough.

Give it a rest, man. You broke the rules, which couldn't be any clearer or more explicit in the original post.

It's literally in a huge font, repeatedly.

he can be a dictator.. it's his game... Don't like it...Don't Play

Archived