SURVIVOR POOL XII is now over! THE DUKE is our champion!

Woz

On 10/6/2017 at 1:04 AM, swoosh said:
On 10/1/2017 at 11:36 PM, swoosh said:

W5 Pick: New England

Close call. You see this, Woz?

I do now. When you had originally posted, it was in the blackout period. Unfortunately for you, it didn't become valid until after the game. So you are currently without a valid pick.

On 10/6/2017 at 6:51 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Weeks 1-4 Picks: PIT, OAK, TEN, ARI

Week 5 Pick: Indianapolis Colts over San Francisco 49ers

On 10/6/2017 at 6:51 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Don't want to go to that well once too many times.

On 10/5/2017 at 3:29 AM, Iamcanadian said:

I know it is a risk, but Buffalo ran into a lot of scheduling luck IMO. They caught Denver between the Dallas game and the Oakland game, I doubt Denver had any emotion for the Buffalo game. Atlanta lost in the SB and those teams usually stink the following season, see Carolina, so I do not think Buffalo's win was necessarily that surprising.

Of course, when you get on a roll, those things do not always matter, so I know there is a certain amount of risk. Still Cincy is at home and will view the game as important, so at least they will be sky high emotionally, so I believe it is a well thought out risk, but I am praying it turns out well. I will sweat out this game especially as I am a Buffalo fan.

When I examined the schedule, it appeared to me that about every game this week carried with it a fairly high degree of risk, so I am not alone in sweating out this week. Come on Cincy!!!

I probably should not give away my secrets for picking a team, but oh well.

Probably shouldn't be editing your post either.

I'm sorry. You have been disqualified from the competition.

2 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

i'd like to thank you woz for running this bc it's been a great time and a lot of fun, really thought i had it this week

i'd like to also officially appeal my elimination on the grounds of the jets having a positive record more than likely meaning the nfl is rigged somehow :P 

1. You're welcome.
  2. Does this perhaps mean the Jets are good? ... *ominous rumble in spacetime continuum*

1 hour ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

Well the Giants were the team I was thinking about taking but instead took Pittsburgh so it didn't matter anyways

Thanks Woz for running this again this year.

Best of luck to the remaining players.

You're welcome.

On 10/4/2017 at 8:42 AM, detroitlions72003 said:
On 10/4/2017 at 7:40 AM, detroitlions72003 said:

Week 5 pick- Indianapolis Colts

Yeah, not sure what I was thinking an hour ago lol

Week 5 pick- Philadelphia Eagles

A missed opportunity ...

So, week 5 is mostly in the books. For those who care:

• Survived using
    • Philadelphia: 21
    • Baltimore: 2
    • Indianapolis: 2
    • NY Jets: 1
  • Still at risk, but have selected
    • Minnesota: 3
    • Kansas City: 2
    • <no pick recorded>: 2
  • Eliminated by selecting
    • Pittsburgh: 11
    • NY Giants: 4
    • Cleveland: 2
    • <editing>: 2 (one had selected Pittsburgh and would have lost; the other selected Cincinnati and would have survived)
    • Detroit: 1

At worst, there will be 33 people remaining in the pool, or only 18.2% of the original number. At best, that number will be 26 (14.4%).

I guess I need to start putting the tiebreaker calculation spreadsheet together. Eh ... we'll see.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

My apologies. Fixed.

Haha no problem.  I just wasn't sure how much you went back and proof read the picks you had recorded.  Wanted to make sure i didn't caught in that trap game.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

I do now. When you had originally posted, it was in the blackout period. Unfortunately for you, it didn't become valid until after the game. So you are currently without a valid pick.

I thought we were allowed to make picks for future weeks when we were going to be away?

Archived