SURVIVOR POOL XII is now over! THE DUKE is our champion!

Woz

4 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I

I spelled Pittsburgh wrong and and it wouldn't let me correct it without leaving an edited note.What was I supposed to do here??

Kind of like that (which was three posts above your edit). Quote the error and explain what you meant.

The rules are explicit about not editing.

7 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

this emoji was not meant to be there

its meant to be : followed by an x but it doesn't let me do it without creating the emoji, saying it in a quote and not an edit so i don't get eliminated

Awww, and here I was thinking that I finally got a true admirer of my witty posts.

6 hours ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Yeah, not sure what I was thinking an hour ago lol

Week 5 pick- Philadelphia Eagles

And here I was thinking that was an incredibly bold pick.

Way to stay boring! ;):D

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Eh, that's weak.  He clearly didn't try to skirt the rules, he just made a mistake.  It's not like any games have started.  He should still be in.

I have a zero-tolerance policy, and it's there for a reason borne from running this pool for over a decade. It's not like I hide that editing will lead to your disqualification.

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

I'm just not used to the new board yet, you used to be able to delete the last post in a thread if it was yours. I couldn't do it, so ended up with that. 

If I get kicked out, then so be it. The posts are one minute apart, so obviously wasn't trying to circumnavigate the rules. 

In my experience, if I let one person with a simple mistake slide, I then have to let another slide for a slightly less clear mistake. I had to come down HARD on editing because I did have someone cheat awhile back. As such, I'm sorry and it sucks, but the decision is final.

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

I have a zero-tolerance policy, and it's there for a reason borne from running this pool for over a decade. It's not like I hide that editing will lead to your disqualification.

Fair enough, you're the bossman of this game.  And as someone who has dealt with being IT security, I definitely know some will try to take a mile if you give an inch.

Archived