Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I hate hearing about him as a drunk driver. There is no defense for it.  
I won't count it as death sentence. McNair was one that got arrested for it too. 

But if it comes down to someone who doesn't have that on his record and Perry. I'd choose the other guy.

Except McNair's was during the offseason. It doesn't make the act any less worse, but the timing of it paints a different picture.

We're trying to build a culture here of people that are, "team-first, detailed, tough and dependable." Team first and dependable are 2 things he is not based on the timing and decision to drive drunk and put other people's lives in danger.

I believe people can change, but if it were me, I wouldn't hire someone who is going to have to take on even more responsibility at D-coordinator. Especially after this happened just last month.

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Except McNair's was during the offseason. It doesn't make the act any less worse, but the timing of it paints a different picture.

We're trying to build a culture here of people that are, "team-first, detailed, tough and dependable." Team first and dependable are 2 things he is not based on the timing and decision to drive drunk and put other people's lives in danger.

I believe people can change, but if it were me, I wouldn't hire someone who is going to have to take on even more responsibility at D-coordinator. Especially after this happened just last month.

For clarification:

I think he was arrested in Dec. 2016, went on trial 2017 and pled guilty.  Paid close to an $1000 fine and an ordinance.

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

I want Chuck Pagano he knows this division & he’s a good coach & players play hard & to the whistle for him. He has HC expierence which can help Vabrel 

Don’t agree with you much but this is who I’d love to get. He was a good DC and has a ton of experience. I want new but I also don’t want a whole new staff who is green and all 1st timers at their new jobs. If we go with Day, that’s a first time OC. I wanted to move on from LeBeau because personally I thought his scheme at times was faded. Sure we improved this year with the talent improvement but I’d like to see a DC with some experience. 

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Don’t agree with you much but this is who I’d love to get. He was a good DC and has a ton of experience. I want new but I also don’t want a whole new staff who is green and all 1st timers at their new jobs. If we go with Day, that’s a first time OC. I wanted to move on from LeBeau because personally I thought his scheme at times was faded. Sure we improved this year with the talent improvement but I’d like to see a DC with some experience. 

There is no direct link to Pagano. Maybe they have some connection somewhere.  I hate that it's all about connections, but unfortunately most guys won't hire someone they have no background with.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

There is no direct link to Pagano. Maybe they have some connection somewhere.  I hate that it's all about connections, but unfortunately most guys won't hire someone they have no background with.

That’s what I hate about it. Everything is about friends in this league. This is why we have so many retread HCs in this league. Teams are afraid to step outside the box with someone they don’t know. It’s ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I don't think Day and Vrabel have any connections? Day was at Ohio State last year, and Vrabel was there years ago, but it's not really a direct connection and is the only resemblance of a connection that I'm aware of.

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't think Day and Vrabel have any connections? Day was at Ohio State last year, and Vrabel was there years ago, but it's not really a direct connection and is the only resemblance of a connection that I'm aware of.

Just Vrabel loving his school lol. Not direct but there’s that connection. Plus there’s the connection to BC with his son going there.

13 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

? don’t agree with you much thank you my good man ??

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

The Ohio State Connection is the connection. They know the same people.  As you know it doesn't have to be a direct working relationship. But if you and I know the same person and I trust that person's recommendation, then they will make the connection.

Archived