Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

Just now, ragevsuall17 said:

He was the Buckeyes OL coach from '12-'15... Did well enough to get promoted to OC in '16. Sucked at that... But had the Gophers at 185 rushing yards per game as their OL coach and run game coordinator ( without the help of a 1000 yard rusher or any semblance of a qb).

Where's the spread coach only notion coming from? Seems like hate just for sake of it...

Lord only knows.... I guess because he was at Ohio State.

i don't think day is a guaranteed success by any stretch of the imagination but one of the most notable things about him is that everywhere he's gone he's shown a willingness to adapt to his personnel to a fairly drastic degree, which is pretty encouraging.

What do you guys think comes of LeBeau now that Vrabel is here? I've been thinking about that today a bit. I could see a scenario where he stays on as our DC or even potentially changes roles to more of a defensive advisor just to have that veteran presence on the staff to help Vrabel with the head coach transition.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i don't think day is a guaranteed success by any stretch of the imagination but one of the most notable things about him is that everywhere he's gone he's shown a willingness to adapt to his personnel to a fairly drastic degree, which is pretty encouraging.

This is what I’ve been saying. Going from two guys like Whisenhunt and Mularkey to a guy who doesn’t marry a scheme and stick with it. Does that guarantee success? Of course not but it’s still pretty encouraging to see flexibility and adaptability to the players strengths.

Friend on Day:

"He supposedly brought in the route concepts and stuff from Kelly's offense. The ******* pass plays were a complete 180 from the last few years so I think it's true. They ran a lot of mesh stuff when they never did before"

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Friend on Day:

"He supposedly brought in the route concepts and stuff from Kelly's offense. The ******* pass plays were a complete 180 from the last few years so I think it's true. They ran a lot of mesh stuff when they never did before"

Yep....

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2017/10/86175/ryan-days-influence-and-crossing-routes-have-made-a-positive-impact-on-ohio-states-passing-game

1 minute ago, SerenityNow said:

What do you guys think comes of LeBeau now that Vrabel is here? I've been thinking about that today a bit. I could see a scenario where he stays on as our DC or even potentially changes roles to more of a defensive advisor just to have that veteran presence on the staff to help Vrabel with the head coach transition.

Tbh, I think I want a whole new direction on defense. I posted earlier about someone like Brian Flores or maybe James Bettcher if Arizona doesn’t retain him.

2 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

He was the Buckeyes OL coach from '12-'15... Did well enough to get promoted to OC in '16. Sucked at that... But had the Gophers at 185 rushing yards per game as their OL coach and run game coordinator ( without the help of a 1000 yard rusher or any semblance of a qb).

Where's the spread coach only notion coming from? Seems like hate just for sake of it...

Gophers ran spread option, PJ Fleck's specialty, so I'm not sure how you're trying to debate my point with that.

If we're going with an OC who learned under Chip Kelly and is going to bring the spread concepts to our team that Mariota excels in, what is wrong with an OL coach who has experience coaching OL from those types of offenses?

I don't expect us to go full Chip Kelly, but I expect to see a lot of spread looks.

Archived