Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

What concerns me most about these hirings if they come true is I'm not sure if Vrabel is hiring such terrible choices because no one wants to come work for him or because these are his first choices in which case I'm extremely concerned about his decision making.

And before someone asks "aren't you confident in JRob?", no, I'm not. Not in hiring a coach, he's never done it before. I was confident in his player evaluations because that's what he's done his whole life.

Once Vrabel said we weren't going to run into 8 or 9 guys I was pretty much sold lol.  It sounds like he's all about the spread concepts, RPOs, and just having a versatile offense in general that actually resembles something from this era of football. I'm very excited about him. This is the new fresh start a lot of us have been begging for.

11 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

What concerns me most about these hirings if they come true is I'm not sure if Vrabel is hiring such terrible choices because no one wants to come work for him or because these are his first choices in which case I'm extremely concerned about his decision making.

And before someone asks "aren't you confident in JRob?", no, I'm not. Not in hiring a coach, he's never done it before. I was confident in his player evaluations because that's what he's done his whole life.

Well...nobody is hired yet..... :) 

But, what makes them horrible though?

Because it's not your choice?
Or
Other reasons?

Who would you prefer?

Just now, KingTitan said:

Well...nobody is hired yet..... :) 

But, what makes them horrible though?

Because it's not your choice?
Or
Other reasons?

Who would you prefer?

I've went in to detail on both Day and Warinner(though it seems Warinner was incorrectly reporter, can only hope that remains the case), but regarding Perry, his safeties have done nothing but get worse. HaHa had probably his worst season of his career this year, Josh Jones was awful and showed no development, and on top of this Houston interviewed Perry for the DB job on their staff and went in a different direction, and we want to hire him as DC?

The question should be is why are any of these guys good hires?

Day apparently isn't to blame for Ohio State's bad offense, and it's JT Barrett's own fault that he sucks, not his QB coach apparently, but no one can tell me what exactly he did well there.

Warinner coaches offensive lines in spread systems, and while he does that well, that does not translate to the NFL. It is one of the biggest reasons OL play in the NFL is at a seemingly all-time low.

Perry's safeties are showing no development and he got passed over for a lesser job in Houston and we want to bring him on as DC.

Some guys I'd like to see over these guys at each position(in no particular order):

OC: DeFilipo, Haley, McAdoo, Clements, LaFleur, Chudzinski, Morton, Kubiak, Roman

OL: Grimm, Frye, Grimes, Dennison, Callaway

DC: Del Rio,  J.Pagano, C.Pagano, Fewell, Richard, Spagnuolo(if he becomes available)

14 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I've went in to detail on both Day and Warinner(though it seems Warinner was incorrectly reporter, can only hope that remains the case), but regarding Perry, his safeties have done nothing but get worse. HaHa had probably his worst season of his career this year, Josh Jones was awful and showed no development, and on top of this Houston interviewed Perry for the DB job on their staff and went in a different direction, and we want to hire him as DC?

The question should be is why are any of these guys good hires?

Day apparently isn't to blame for Ohio State's bad offense, and it's JT Barrett's own fault that he sucks, not his QB coach apparently, but no one can tell me what exactly he did well there.

Warinner coaches offensive lines in spread systems, and while he does that well, that does not translate to the NFL. It is one of the biggest reasons OL play in the NFL is at a seemingly all-time low.

Perry's safeties are showing no development and he got passed over for a lesser job in Houston and we want to bring him on as DC.

Some guys I'd like to see over these guys at each position(in no particular order):

OC: DeFilipo, Haley, McAdoo, Clements, LaFleur, Chudzinski, Morton, Kubiak, Roman

OL: Grimm, Frye, Grimes, Dennison, Callaway

DC: Del Rio,  J.Pagano, C.Pagano, Fewell, Richard, Spagnuolo(if he becomes available)

Fair enough about your issue with the rumored guys. 

But all the guys you mentioned have flaws, been fired for failures, or currently under contract with other teams. 

Not saying anything against you or your thoughts but couldn't it be said your choices are just as horrible. 

I'm sure you could point to reasons for each person being fired or for regression with their players but so could someone in defense of the rumored candidates. 

I just don't get how they are terrible, mainly because their not the guy you would have picked. 

Archived