Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Per Rapoport on NFLN, we've turned our interest to DeFilipo as OC.

Take anything Rap says with a grain of salt because he has swung and missed at anything Titans related lately.

Titans could announce Bill Callahan as the OC as soon as tonight for all we know

I will say though in Raps defense DeFilipo was linked to Vrabel during the Colts interview and Vrabel did mention something yesterday about wouldn’t be fare to talk about a coach on another team that’s still playing. I thought it was weird to give that much of an answer when he blew off other questions with shorter answers than he did to that question. I could be reading too much into it but who knows

The Titans really don’t have to rush into choosing the OC IMO Robinson and Vrabel are doing the important stuff now like scouting and Free Agency is still over a month a way from when the SB wraps up so they can afford to wait for DeFilipo 

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

"I want to put together a great staff, and I am not rushing that," Vrabel said on Tuesday. "You only get so many cracks at this thing. I am not going to hire a bunch of my buddies - I don't have that many of them. I don't think that is the way to go. I am looking for the right guys, the best guys to coach our team.”

i know it all means nothing when push comes to shove, but boy has he said all the right things so far, lol

I'll be your buddy, Mike! Let's go grab a beer!

8 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Take anything Rap says with a grain of salt because he has swung and missed at anything Titans related lately.

Titans could announce Bill Callahan as the OC as soon as tonight for all we know

I will say though in Raps defense DeFilipo was linked to Vrabel during the Colts interview and Vrabel did mention something yesterday about wouldn’t be fare to talk about a coach on another team that’s still playing. I thought it was weird to give that much of an answer when he blew off other questions with shorter answers than he did to that question. I could be reading too much into it but who knows

The Titans really don’t have to rush into choosing the OC IMO Robinson and Vrabel are doing the important stuff now like scouting and Free Agency is still over a month a way from when the SB wraps up so they can afford to wait for DeFilipo 

Eh he said we offered a deal to Ryan Day and then reported Day turned us down. He was doing the reporting about us possibly firing Mularkey during the Jags and KC game. He wasn’t exactly wrong. The extension of Mularkey that he reported was probably true based on staff changes. Mularkey wouldn’t fire his buddy so he got fired. Rapoport has been pretty on point actually.

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

DeFilippo as oc, Callahan as QB coach with the promise that Callahan is promoted to OC once DeFilippo leaves to go be a HC would be an ideal set up.

that would be unreal, i gotta keep myself from getting my hopes up lol

Archived