Senior Bowl Thread

CalhounLambeau

25 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Shame my man Cappa struggled a bit. Think this solidifies him as a day 3 guy. Hernandez looked fantastic though. He's the real deal. 

Where do you guys think Darrel Williams ends up going?

Cappa struggled mightily, dude looked like Robocop trying to play Left Tackle.

26 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Shame my man Cappa struggled a bit. Think this solidifies him as a day 3 guy.

Cappa played well. It's not easy to be moved around from LG to RG to LT and back and forth between those spots and win every last rep. Each spot requires a different technique and it's not realistic to expect someone who hasn't played the majority of those spots to flawlessly move between them. Especially going up against guys like Okoronkwo and Turay who have legit speed around the edge. The point of these games isn't to look at who wins or loses which matchups because this game doesn't simulate what they'll do in the NFL. You want to look for traits and look for how they what the coaching staffs might have taught them in practice. Cappa still shutdown everyone who came into his body and showed that he easily has the skills to hang with these guys. He struggled with speed, which means he struggled with the same thing that 90% of NFL tackles struggle with. He'll get better when he's put into a more realistic pass protecting environment.

4 hours ago, TVScout said:

Davenport already got a sack. Showed remarkable upper body strength. Just pushed the OT and buried Mayfield.

Davenport is a monster. I am right there with Jeremiah. I think he goes in the top ten and creates more splash plays than Bradley Chubb will in the NFL.

4 hours ago, Ballimore said:

Ballage is Davd Johnson 2.0

Not really. Ballage is too linear. He doesn't have the lateral agility that Johnson has. As a receiver he's a stud, but he doesn't cut like Johnson or show the vision that DJ has.

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Andrew Brown has been a revelation.

I love Andrew Brown and have for over a year. He's long, athletic, and plays with fantastic leverage and hand usage. He is going to be a starting 5-Tech in the NFL. He reminds me a little bit of Henry Anderson from a few years ago.

I was also impressed with Joel Noteboom. He has a beautiful looking pass set. This was the first time I've seen him play or even really heard about him, but he was impressive particularly in pass protection (I missed the second half btw, so maybe he sucked later on IDK)

Josh Allen showed why he was getting the rub as the #1 pick by some. I don't agree that he deserves all that, but his ceiling is ridiculous. He has EVERYTHING you want other than accuracy. Unfortunately accuracy is one of the crucial attributes that QB's need obviously, but if he can clean this up, he's going to rip apart the league. I do like that when he misses, it's usually away from the clutter and not into the clutter. Still, he's my QB #4 right now.

Rashaad Penny looked good. I think my Tevin Coleman comparison held up today. He's a straight line guy with a big frame, receiving ability, and long speed.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

love Andrew Brown and have for over a year. He's long, athletic, and plays with fantastic leverage and hand usage. He is going to be a starting 5-Tech in the NFL. He reminds me a little bit of Henry Anderson from a few years ago.

No, if his performance today told you anything, its that he felt like a caged animal as a 5 tech. I guarantee behind closed doors he prefers to get loose at 3 tech.

Archived