TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

11 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Lions are still looking to make trades

If you still need help on the OL I have young guys available that should be starters soon but are stuck behind my current veteran players.

If you want to trade up in/into the 1st round I have pick 1.20 and I'd like to negotiate potential trades before the draft in case any of my targets aren't there.

I also updated some of the values of the players on my trade block

I should add that I'm still looking for players at basically all levels of the defense and that I'm not really looking for any more offensive lineman. 

Just now, samsel23 said:

Just to save some messages and some time.

No Marcus Peters isn’t available.  Unless you want to include a star and a first round pick.

I'll give you the middle star of Orion's Belt + a 2024 first round pick. 

So I know there was many of you that overlooked the rule for how future cap was being managed using the APY amounts, but I think the system works in slowing the massive back loading of contracts....at least now that everyone knows how it works.

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, ny92jefferis said:

So I know there was many of you that overlooked the rule for how future cap was being managed using the APY amounts, but I think the system works in slowing the massive back loading of contracts....at least now that everyone knows how it works.

Thoughts?

It was there last year IIRC.  Teams that overlooked it when the rules and guidelines stated as such can't complain.    It was a primary reason I was on the side (apparently by myself) that the awarding process formula was fine as it was.  

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

It was there last year IIRC.  Teams that overlooked it when the rules and guidelines stated as such can't complain.    It was a primary reason I was on the side (apparently by myself) that the awarding process formula was fine as it was.  

There was something similar to this last year but not exact and because of the amount of time it took to collect the contract info and get it worked into every roster took hours and it didn't really do enough to restrict it.  Last year, I was caring over the exact amount of the second year, which teams just structured it to even be more back loaded.  Using the APY, you really can't escape it, unless you offer 1 year deals, which if the player is asking for a 3 year deal, the NPV catches that.

This year, as we've seen teams must be aware of both salary caps.

Archived