TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

Wasn't aware that SENDING him new messages was restricted as well.

I was sending him a trade offer, if it was a mock/docs question I'd go there, no worries. I posted in the Feedback Forum hoping Webby takes a look at it... maybe there can be limits removed for more established members.

Edit: So if I send a new conversation PM it's restricted, but if you continue the conversation in an old PM there's no limit. Good to know.

6 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Most of these issues would be solved with providing me a (temp or perm) badge.  Maybe I'm wrong that mods aren't limited to messages sent or received.

Let me bring this up with the mod team and webby. If you've had trouble sending messages please PM

JK! just post in here so I can get accurate info. Thanks guys. 

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Let me bring this up with the mod team and webby. If you've had trouble sending messages please PM

I have tried to send @ny92jefferis a new message and it was blocked from being sent

Here is the message it says

ny92jefferis cannot receive messages.

I don't know if this is a VBulletin board or similar, but I have one and what our solution was is to make separate user group for the core community and then increased their PM limit. Doing just the baseline usergroup with increased limits increased bot activity on our site. Took a bit of work though (manually adding a secondary usergroup for certain users). For like $40 the Admin could buy the license to something like CometChat which is a VBulletin board add on that basically adds a facebook messenger like app to the computer view (I dont think it worked on mobile) chat app. One issue with that is I bought that on my site and then it got hacked so we disabled it, so it is vulnerable to attacks apparently and occasionally went down or erased chat history -- there might be an improved version by them or a competitor though (the high end charge per month though, where CometChat was like $40 or $50 with unlimited I think). 

Please keep any communication that can be in a thread in the threads. @EaglesPeteC and @ny92jefferis have done a good job of posting threads for a lot of topics in regards to this event, make good use of them. Obviously you don't want to negotiate trades in a thread, but keep questions about processes out in the open. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Please keep any communication that can be in a thread in the threads. @EaglesPeteC and @ny92jefferis have done a good job of posting threads for a lot of topics in regards to this event, make good use of them. Obviously you don't want to negotiate trades in a thread, but keep questions about processes out in the open. 

I am pretty great

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I was trying to message him bout a player lol, and yes i agree, only pms should be for trades, questions can go in the main thread, unless its u trying to workout a king with a FA bid, as u dont want others knowing you bid. 

Browsing the TCMD - UFA doc (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/193KPNZyiCYMmQKqB3lTU6Xlpm-3ONrghfhkpKzGVqDI/edit#gid=0) I noticed that some players are looking for 7 year contracts. When FA opens are we structuring offers only to the players desired contract or can it be that or lower years as long as you hit the APY number? 7 year deals are pretty rare in the NFL which is why I was wondering, but anyone with a 7 year offer demand likely gets some ballooning contract that starts at relative to the end of contract peanuts and ends at a megadeal to be cut post-guarantees. 

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I was trying to message him bout a player lol, and yes i agree, only pms should be for trades, questions can go in the main thread, unless its u trying to workout a king with a FA bid, as u dont want others knowing you bid. 

The Free Agency bidding is in the docs you were/will be PM'd then ny97jeffries accesses them at the deadlines and awards the highest bidder. The doc is the "others don't know your bid".

25 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Yeah, I spend a lot of time building this mock draft up each year and make every effort to keep as much activity housed in the forum as possible.  The messaging issue is just another hurdle in providing the forum with a quality mock draft.  If the badge would resolve this along with other hurdles such as locking threads, or the ability to edit post for updating information such as draft order would all be nice benefits.  I know this doesn't sound like much but it does make managing the forum side of this mock draft a much easier process.

TCMD provides the forum with a lot of traffic each year and with the badge you'd have a dedicated member willing to work to see the return of ffmd.  While some would argue that the badge isn't needed to run ffmd, I'd agree that it isn't needed but having a moderator willing to put in the hours would go a long way in it's return. 

I'm not active in the Giants sub forum but I am an active member in this, GM mock draft forum the entire year.  Not sure how many mods are assigned to this sub forum, I don't think the list is very long though.

To clear up the PM confusion,  you are only limited in conversations, not private messages. 100 total conversations and 20 per day is actually a ton of conversations, if you use them correctly.   Think of each conversation as a private chat room.   These are different than the PM system on the old site.  You can send 1000s of private messages daily within these conversations. 

I assume there are 32 GMs in this league.  So after two days everyone should be able to have started a conversation with everyone in the league.  Then you can discuss as much as you want each day within each conversation.  

Remember, You have a max limit of 100 conversations.  If you hit this limit, you can not start or receive a new conversation until you delete an old conversation.  Right now @ny92jefferis has reached this limit.  That is why he can't start or receive any new conversations.   

Archived