TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

GB was in some talks with Buffalo to move down to 18.   Would have hoped that either Landry or Ward would make it to 18.  No deal and GB gets Landry and Buffalo can now select Jackson if that is there desire....not sure if that is the plan as they may have other options at QB via trade.

I was offered Jameis Winston for pick 53, and while that is a great deal, I don't enjoy unrealistic trades in a mock of this caliber. 

This is really fun. I was able to see how this mock plays out if the Bills are unable to move up, and believe me, I tried. Lamar is a fantastic athlete, and if he can manage to get some good coaching, I think he can be a good, and hopefully great QB for us. At the very least, he'll be a ton of fun to watch. 

Just now, Counselor said:

I was going to take Derwin at 3. So to move down and get some picks was good. Although I took less value to move down it worked out. 

That's what I was trying to do in regards to moving down. I was open to taking less value as well, especially since a lot of time, I only look at the new trade chart if I look at any trade chart. Like, for Dallas to move from their spot to 10, I would have given them my 1 and 7 for their 1 and 2, which is considerably less than he ended up giving up for #9. 

Just now, Forge said:

LOL. 

It's a good pick, I just love all the talk about him playing wide receiver. It kills me. 

Tyrelle Pryor got every opportunity in OAK to play QB.  QB is so much the premium position, Jackson would need to fail there first before he should be moved to another position.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Tyrelle Pryor got every opportunity in OAK to play QB.  QB is so much the premium position, Jackson would need to fail there first before he should be moved to another position.

Absolutely 100% agree. I don't get why people are adamant to move him there now. It's a fall back option and nothing else. 

Texans looking to move into low 1st round possibly O.o if our targeted guy continues to fall

Offering a combination of picks like Houston's 2019 2nd + 3-68 + 3-98 + Houston's 2019 4th + more if needed & player is there (& pick available)

GREEN BAY PACKER press release on first round pick Harold Landry OLB Boston College

GB really pleased with how the board fell.  Had a group of players (defensive) that were in play.  Those players included Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Denzel Ward, Marcus Davenport, Tremaine Edmunds, Harold Landry.  As the players started to come off the board, Ward and Landry remained.  

Both were highly regarded, but the EDGE premium tipped the scales to Landry.  

GB regional scout:  "Landry is an explosive edge rusher whose best attribute is his ability to harass opposing quarterbacks, whether it be from the left or right side, out of two or three point stance.  His most exciting trait for the NFL is his first step explosiveness. Whether rushing from the two or three point stance, Landry fires off the ball like out of a gun, often exploding past tackles with just his initial burst. Complementing this speed is terrific core flexibility to dip under the reach of tackles, scrape the corner sharply and close on his target.  Landry will need to work on adding some counter moves to his speed rush and hopefully can add a little more mass to his frame to increase his ability to hold the point vs the run." 

Adding Landry to a EDGE rush group that consists of:  Nick Perry, Clay Matthews, Bruce Irvin, James Harrison, Ahmad Brooks, Kyler Fackrell, Vince Biegel   Should make new DC Mike Pettine a very happy man.  The depth of this group will allow Landry to be worked into a rotation and allow him to learn some of the finer points of pass rushing at the NFL level from some of the quality veterans within that group. 

Pettine also will be able to move Clay Matthews around the defense as a premium "chess piece" and maximize his play-making capabilities.

Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 6023
Weight: 252

PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET):

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 24
Vertical Jump: 36
Broad Jump: 09'11"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.19
3-Cone Drill: 6.88

23 minutes ago, squire12 said:

GREEN BAY PACKER press release on first round pick Harold Landry OLB Boston College

GB really pleased with how the board fell.  Had a group of players (defensive) that were in play.  Those players included Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Denzel Ward, Marcus Davenport, Tremaine Edmunds, Harold Landry.  As the players started to come off the board, Ward and Landry remained.  

Both were highly regarded, but the EDGE premium tipped the scales to Landry.  

GB regional scout:  "Landry is an explosive edge rusher whose best attribute is his ability to harass opposing quarterbacks, whether it be from the left or right side, out of two or three point stance.  His most exciting trait for the NFL is his first step explosiveness. Whether rushing from the two or three point stance, Landry fires off the ball like out of a gun, often exploding past tackles with just his initial burst. Complementing this speed is terrific core flexibility to dip under the reach of tackles, scrape the corner sharply and close on his target.  Landry will need to work on adding some counter moves to his speed rush and hopefully can add a little more mass to his frame to increase his ability to hold the point vs the run." 

Adding Landry to a EDGE rush group that consists of:  Nick Perry, Clay Matthews, Bruce Irvin, James Harrison, Ahmad Brooks, Kyler Fackrell, Vince Biegel   Should make new DC Mike Pettine a very happy man.  The depth of this group will allow Landry to be worked into a rotation and allow him to learn some of the finer points of pass rushing at the NFL level from some of the quality veterans within that group. 

Pettine also will be able to move Clay Matthews around the defense as a premium "chess piece" and maximize his play-making capabilities.

Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 6023
Weight: 252

PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET):

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 24
Vertical Jump: 36
Broad Jump: 09'11"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.19
3-Cone Drill: 6.88

Landry is one of my top prospects in this year's class. Watched him play at BC and he is a superstar in the making. The fact that he played injured all year is the only reason he's not considered a top 10 pick in this years draft. That was a fine pick, I would not have been able to resist picking him had he dropped down to 23. 

Archived