TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yep...and we aren't going to rescind the FA offers that Houston put in. There's the consistency. 

We have always tweaked and adjusted minor things when warts come up or things that are discovered, that's what we are doing here. That's the consistency. 

Changing the awarding formulas after 1 round of the mock is the farthest thing from consistent.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Changing the awarding formulas after 1 round of the mock is the farthest thing from consistent.

FFMD waited till the next year until make changes. Some were forgotten because the people that brought them up backed out.  Thus people continued to drop out.

The best way to keep people interested is to make the changes that need attention right away.

I can promise you no one involved in this mock currently is going to say you improved your team by making these contracts regardless if you get the player.

7 hours ago, Cbrunn said:

Just a quick question, I didn't realize the jags had offered Robinson a non exclusive franchise tag and I offered a contract

What does non exclusive tag mean? Just ring to figure out what's going on with my offer

Also thought I changed my resign bid for Zach brown instead of Trent Murphy, usc had Trent Murphy 

Edit: I did a quick Google Search and it means they get a chance to match, but if they don't they get 2 first round picks as comp? ... if that's the case I'd like to rescind my offer on the base that I had no Idea what that meant, I just seen him in the pool and Bid             ... if not it's not that serious it's only for fun, but nobody would do that for 2 first round picks

Any update on this? Also I didn't see the workbook that i can look at to see if i wanted to match or let him go, if it stayed. 

@ny92jefferis

Just now, squire12 said:

omg....just shoot me man.  

Put me out of my effing misery.  I just can't keep debating on leaving it the same.  There is an obvious issue that we need to address.  To address this now doesn't mean the end of tcmd.

Its a quick fix, until we can get something else worked out long term.

1 minute ago, ny92jefferis said:

Put me out of my effing misery.  I just can't keep debating on leaving it the same.  There is an obvious issue that we need to address.  To address this now doesn't mean the end of tcmd.

You are the Commissioner and you put it in way more work than most of us did. Whatever decision you make I will second 

Just now, squire12 said:

Things are required to be done to make the mock run, which includes minor modifications to the awards system, which again, were done last year as well (and weren't you a gm last year?), and there's not a hardcore beta for this thing, so some things are not found out. This is the first time anyone has exploited this. You're the only who apparently likes the idea of keeping this in, for whatever reason. If you want to stick with consistency, that's fine, but I would disagree.  You say that it doesn't give anyone else the opportunity to create contracts like this, yet nobody attempted to, nor has anyone come up in support of your comments during this discussion to advocate leaving this in for "consistency" so that they could have the opportunity to do the same thing.  Nobody feels like having this in here is for the good of the mock, so keep fighting it, say your words and whatever you're going to do, but there's not much more to it than that to be honest. I get your point about the formulas, but the overhaul of the calculation needs to be done after the season when everyone can sit down and discuss and we can maybe implement it in the future. 

1 minute ago, ny92jefferis said:

Don't stress about it. Several GM's have weighed in and 1 only seem to want to make a thing of it. 

Archived