A Chaotic Mafia - jfinley88 WINS!!

bucsfan333

5 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

No I would have died if I tried it on anyone other than civ. None of this info was available before the game or during. All I had to go on was my research basically lol. So yes I played it correctly. Based on what I found it said nothing at all could prevent the move unless it was Mafia, Other, or Mayor. You were mafia so I was right either way. 

You can say what you want but my role had no win condition and I could only a switch with Civs. I found a Mafia and I went with it. If they believed me and lynched you I would have found a Mafia and switched the next night. I played it correctly imo

YOUR ROLE WAS TO SWITCH WITH A CIV. 

Did you switch with a civ? Or did you die chasing mafia on a failed notion? Because if you did not switch with a civ, you played your role wrong. 

And if you put your move on me thinking I was civ, not only did you play your role wrong, your read was wrong as well. 

Others are not civs. They are others. 

7 minutes ago, MathMan said:

thanks man.

i think if jfinley doesnt win, civs cruise to an easy win 

Probably. But we thought we had this game on lock. And then bucs changed hockey's role mid game. Allowing fin to live. And then hockey decided to claim when there was 0 votes on he or myself (after I asked him twice not to) . Then the Ksj fiasco. 

We were looking at a 7-3 ratio before that happened. It would have been a near flawless victory. 

13 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

Bucs altered the roles...but my logic still stood up. You were Mafia and I was right

You still don't get it. Your logic was wrong. Neither one of us lied about how our roles worked. So you didn't catch me off logic. You fell assbackwards into it even after I truthfully told you in thread why it failed. 

Like, you seriously only need roles where everything can be taken at face value. There are layers to this game. 

Your role was to switch with a civ. You thought I was civ. You failed. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

YOUR ROLE WAS TO SWITCH WITH A CIV. 

Did you switch with a civ? Or did you die chasing mafia on a failed notion? Because if you did not switch with a civ, you played your role wrong. 

And if you put your move on me thinking I was civ, not only did you play your role wrong, your read was wrong as well. 

Others are not civs. They are others. 

Again I had no info but my research. I thought you may be Mafia so I decided to try it on you because Bucs kept saying I cant say to questions regarding who I can switch with and what. Online it says you get a failed result on Others, Mafia and the mayor. I figured it was worth a shot day 1 and was. It failed. You were a Mafia, Other or Mayor. It was worth it to push you based on day1 reads and voting after the tie trying to get your vote off the double voter. I was right and you were Mafia.

Bucs changed the role and had it not work on anyone other than Civ. Had I tried it on an other or the other Mafia Bucs said he would have had me killed. He didnt want the role used as an investigation....which wasn't told to me UTIL I had died. Not sure why you are not getting this. The only real way I could have found Mafia with it was the way I did. Then the night you lead the lynch on me I was switching with a Civ....so how is that not playing my role

My role says give them a name to switch with. It does not say find a Civ and a win condition. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

You still don't get it. Your logic was wrong. Neither one of us lied about how our roles worked. So you didn't catch me off logic. You fell assbackwards into it even after I truthfully told you in thread why it failed. 

Like, you seriously only need roles where everything can be taken at face value. There are layers to this game. 

I thought you were Mafia....day freaking 1. Luckily you were the mirror and Bucs changed it so that my role doesn't go through automatically or I would have died cause he was killing me if I tried anything other than Civ. Was it a but lucky all around yes...but I was right. 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

There are layers...and I played mine perfectly. IF people gave me credit and listened to me you would have died D2 and turned up Mafia

Just now, Ragnarok said:

No, you weren't getting out of D2 alive.  

Someone should have hit me, but Matts should have been the lynch imo based on my info and role. Also, I really don't know how no one figured out I was the old maid during the day on D2

1 minute ago, LetTheBallFly said:

Someone should have hit me, but Matts should have been the lynch imo based on my info and role. Also, I really don't know how no one figured out I was the old maid during the day on D2

I've played in well over 100 games and I've seen the old maid maybe twice and it was neutral.  But you came up as anti-town.  So killing you was informative in that if you showed as other, it meant other was anti-town.

But, no, you were always going to be the lynch D2, the only difference was how much I had to say in order to get you lynched.  But how fast Matts hopped on should have been a sign for people.  

47 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

Again I had no info but my research. I thought you may be Mafia so I decided to try it on you because Bucs kept saying I cant say to questions regarding who I can switch with and what. Online it says you get a failed result on Others, Mafia and the mayor. I figured it was worth a shot day 1 and was. It failed. You were a Mafia, Other or Mayor. It was worth it to push you based on day1 reads and voting after the tie trying to get your vote off the double voter. I was right and you were Mafia.

Bucs changed the role and had it not work on anyone other than Civ. Had I tried it on an other or the other Mafia Bucs said he would have had me killed. He didnt want the role used as an investigation....which wasn't told to me UTIL I had died. Not sure why you are not getting this. The only real way I could have found Mafia with it was the way I did. Then the night you lead the lynch on me I was switching with a Civ....so how is that not playing my role

My role says give them a name to switch with. It does not say find a Civ and a win condition. 

Do you understand the goal of others is *not* necessarily to find mafia? It may actually be to kill civ specials as well. 

If you were hunting mafia, you werent doing job #1. Which was switching roles. 

18 minutes ago, MathMan said:

matts is right.

you should have tried to switch with a civ so you could get a role and win condition.

trying to use your move on mafia does nothing to help you win

But I did. Just not day 1. I had nothing really to go on. Basically I was thinking I could use it as research before switching over to Civ....in hindsight I would have died if it was another Mafia or other...

1 minute ago, LetTheBallFly said:

But I did. Just not day 1. I had nothing really to go on. Basically I was thinking I could use it as research before switching over to Civ....in hindsight I would have died if it was another Mafia or other...

I give up. Its hopeless. 

O.o

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Do you understand the goal of others is *not* necessarily to find mafia? It may actually be to kill civ specials as well. 

If you were hunting mafia, you werent doing job #1. Which was switching roles. 

I don't follow. 

I was hunting mafia given the info on my role. If I didn't die N2 I would have been a Civ and knew you were Mafia. 

It just so happens that based on how Bucs created the roles I got lucky. But during the the game I would have been right.

Archived