A Chaotic Mafia - jfinley88 WINS!!

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

If you want a player to get better, show them why they could have done something differently. Instead of standing on your high horse and pissing in his Cheerios. 

I walked him through game mechanics in babysteps and laid out a 7 step strategy. Plus multiple more strats to get better. 

I just get frustrated because he refuses to look at scenarios. Its all 1 way only. 

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Oh yeah, that would have likely caused me to play very differently.  

But he said he was civ.  Once he did that, he was gone.  

That is my exact point. It was played in a non-constructive manner to his role. He played against himself. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I walked him through game mechanics in babysteps and laid out a 7 step strategy. Plus multiple more strats to get better. 

I just get frustrated because he refuses to look at scenarios. Its all 1 way only. 

If someone spoke to you as you are speaking to him, would you care to listen either?

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:
5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im saying that he could have played to that angle. Hell, even if he wanted to go the route he did, he should have said from jumpstreet (after malf revive):

"I am an other, I found a mafia member. I hit my condition to convert to a civ tomorrow. All of this will be verifiable tomorrow. You all just need to trust me for 1 day"

He would have survived your investigation on him. Malf and UNT would have dismissed your claim as you got an other. 

Oh yeah, that would have likely caused me to play very differently.  

But he said he was civ.  Once he did that, he was gone.  

@LetTheBallFly

Does this make sense? 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

That's not accurate at all. I laid out what I was thinking and the play o had. Could I have waited a day....without Rags invest yes....but I wanted to get you (Mafia) lynched to help with my long term play. Your play doent work at all give the rest of the game. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Honestly, you came across like you were talking down to him.  

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I get the point you're trying to make.

But you're not making it in a helpful way.  

The dude has been hounding me for 2 straight games based on ridiculous logic. And no matter how much it gets explained, nothing changes. Im beyond annoyed. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The dude has been hounding me for 2 straight games based on ridiculous logic. And no matter how much it gets explained, nothing changes. Im beyond annoyed. 

You have been hounding me. I just want to play my way lol. I was an other with no win condition and given the info I found I had decided to go at you for a lynch. Maybe you being an ash to me for 2 games tunneled my gane plan a little, who knows.

I could not have waited really because i wasn't on that night going into the lynch. If I had seen Rags claim and could have posted a bit, maybe I play it diff, but as I said I was watching the Gators.

Also, I don't think I claimed civ other than the way most do D1. I purposefully said I wouldn't fully claim unless needed. Then said I wouldnt be on cause I'm watching the Gators. I come back at half and all hell is on me. 

I am trying to get better but what you haven't realized is there are millions of ways to play each role each game in Mafia. I took my shot and failed. Lesson learned. Also if you want me to play like Jfin and some others who post nonsense most of the time and don't post i will....but you will lynch me D1 because of it.

@bucsfan333

Just curious, btw, what did your PM to @LetTheBallFly state when his move failed? Shouldnt it have read something like "you were unable to switch roles with yourself"? Or, perhaps even killed him because he was attempting to switch roles with an other (himself). Also - Would @Raves move (or any) have made it through my 'reflection'? 

Archived