A Chaotic Mafia - jfinley88 WINS!!

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, MathMan said:

i honestly didnt pick up that you were mason until you picked me up.

in the future, probably best to not softclaim, and then only mason if you know someone has no power or a weak power 

It was the first time I had seen mason before and I wasn't sure how powerful it is.  Also how do you determine if something is weak or strong for a power?  Also it seemed like everyone had an investigative role of some sort.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I wouldnt have said anything about my role. I probably would not have used it N1 and waited till people started getting cleared via investigation or in this case revives. 

yeah, as far as moves go raves did it right 

me n2

touch n3

no move n4

pees n5

we couldnt get many power bc we would take powers away

1 minute ago, Raves said:

It was the first time I had seen mason before and I wasn't sure how powerful it is.  Also how do you determine if something is weak or strong for a power?  Also it seemed like everyone had an investigative role of some sort.

All the investigations were balanced by there being 5 others and the vig coming up as scum. 

1 minute ago, Raves said:

any invest or protective role is a definite no

1 shot roles are probably ok (reviver)

gov roles are weak

mason is better in games with vanilla townies

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Dreamer bcb1213 - If you go three consecutive nights without being visited, you will have a dream. This dream will involve three players from the game, one of which is Mafia. If you are visited, you will have a night of “restless sleep.” *Sleepwalker if not visited.

I have been WAITING for a dreamer role to come back to mafia.

I love this role as an investigative, and it hasn't been used (that I've seen) in years.

Why would it take so many nights to get a dream? I get that the role has the potential to be overpowered, but that was way too long.

https://epicmafia.com/role/1208

6 minutes ago, Raves said:

it just takes time and a few play throughs

In my mind, a role that is ALWAYS helpful is really strong. Invests, watches, tracks, etc.

Roles that have potential to be counterproductive need to be handled carefully (vig, pardons, etc)

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I have been WAITING for a dreamer role to come back to mafia.

I love this role as an investigative, and it hasn't been used (that I've seen) in years.

Why would it take so many nights to get a dream? I get that the role has the potential to be overpowered, but that was way too long.

https://epicmafia.com/role/1208

With your passion for subtle hints, if there is every a game with a dreamer and you start posting John Lennon quotes, Ill clear ya!

On 2/3/2018 at 1:01 AM, Tk3 said:

I still feel I need more alcohol. Sober or not?

@MathMan didn't get my coded message last night.

I was trying to ask him "Is Fin Mason?" Then in my next post I mentioned Malf, hoping it would make him look at it.

I really wanted to hit Fin, but I kept getting thrown off by your trust of him.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

With your passion for subtle hints, if there is every a game with a dreamer and you start posting John Lennon quotes, Ill clear ya!

I love subtle claims.

Its so hard though. I always feel like I am too heavy handed.

I just think it is so much better than outright claiming (unless you have to)

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I'd be more likely to post an MLK meme or something

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

@MathMan didn't get my coded message last night.

I was trying to ask him "Is Fin Mason?" Then in my next post I mentioned Malf, hoping it would make him look at it.

I really wanted to hit Fin, but I kept getting thrown off by your trust of him.

ugh i glossed over those.

legitly i was kind of getting burnt out of the game so it was kind of a relief when it ended.

i told myself before the game that i would limit myself to one post per page, but i sadly broke it

44 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

It was me.

First and foremost, the vigilante more often than not is a counterproductive role. Traditionally, especially early in the game, you are much more likely to hit a civ than a mafia.

I knew you were non-civ. You claimed "harmless Other", but I was suspicious you could also be mafia.

You were the lowest risk hit. I KNEW that I was not going to kill a civ if I hit you.

I figured as much.  

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Probably. But we thought we had this game on lock. And then bucs changed hockey's role mid game. Allowing fin to live. And then hockey decided to claim when there was 0 votes on he or myself (after I asked him twice not to) . Then the Ksj fiasco. 

We were looking at a 7-3 ratio before that happened. It would have been a near flawless victory. 

After all the times I’ve been lynched because I couldn’t post at work, I’ll take this one as being due tbh

2 hours ago, MathMan said:

yep, i saw that, and basically helped pees sign off on the pardon.

then nighttime, become incredibly paranoid that we made a huge mistake.

luckily, ksj had breadcumbed and sold us on it

I don’t do that every game either. Just happened to this one. 

Archived