A Chaotic Mafia - jfinley88 WINS!!

bucsfan333

26 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

If someone spoke to you as you are speaking to him, would you care to listen either?

This doesn't help. 

I understand I jumped the gun with the info but with everything going on with the N1 vote and FJ claim I thought I would take a shot and see if I could get everyone on board. I was wrong and learned a lesson

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

@bucsfan333

Just curious, btw, what did your PM to @LetTheBallFly state when his move failed? Shouldnt it have read something like "you were unable to switch roles with yourself"? Or, perhaps even killed him because he was attempting to switch roles with an other (himself). Also - Would @Raves move (or any) have made it through my 'reflection'? 

It said:

It failed

That is it.

Could I have asked Bucs anything that would have helped me understand better why it failed?

1 minute ago, LetTheBallFly said:

This doesn't help. 

I understand I jumped the gun with the info but with everything going on with the N1 vote and FJ claim I thought I would take a shot and see if I could get everyone on board. I was wrong and learned a lesson

If you’re gonna come out with that sort of info, you’re better off fully coming out with everything. The minute people think you’re leaving details out is when they’re gonna start to doubt you. In your specific scenario, it seemed as though you didn’t fully understand the role and what the info could mean. Had you come out with you being an other and what your role does, it probably would have been received a bit better. 

2 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

You have been hounding me. I just want to play my way lol. I was an other with no win condition and given the info I found I had decided to go at you for a lynch. Maybe you being an ash to me for 2 games tunneled my gane plan a little, who knows.

I could not have waited really because i wasn't on that night going into the lynch. If I had seen Rags claim and could have posted a bit, maybe I play it diff, but as I said I was watching the Gators.

Also, I don't think I claimed civ other than the way most do D1. I purposefully said I wouldn't fully claim unless needed. Then said I wouldnt be on cause I'm watching the Gators. I come back at half and all hell is on me. 

I am trying to get better but what you haven't realized is there are millions of ways to play each role each game in Mafia. I took my shot and failed. Lesson learned. Also if you want me to play like Jfin and some others who post nonsense most of the time and don't post i will....but you will lynch me D1 because of it.

Honestly, the one thing I want you to do, is to stop and think about how many scenarios there are for any given situation. Take nothing on face value. Even if you are the investigator, you never know if you are a crazy cop (you get opposite results) or someone could have tampered with your results. Your brother too. You guys dig into a stance and play it so aggressively its insane. And anytime someone (me) tries to point you in a different direction, you immediately start shouting over and over:

"you must be scum! and anyone who argues me must be scum! I just caught this player, that player, another player. They are all scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

Its not helpful. Because you never think the obvious: You maybe wrong. Or another obvious: The person might be disagreeing because of a valid reason. 

Rags just said above that he would have played it differently. So no matter how much you hate me, please understand that I am really pretty decent at this game and I have now several times tried to give you advice. Some of it in post game scenarios. I know what I am talking about. Maybe try to listen and learn.

PS: I didnt ever go after you this game. Even when you were pushing me, I kept causally dismissing your claims and trying to move on. In fact, I played it the same exact way as if I would if I was the "mayor/Gov" and you were pushing that narrative. I would have told you that I was not, so I wouldnt get hit. 

6 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

It said:

It failed

That is it.

Could I have asked Bucs anything that would have helped me understand better why it failed?

Bucs is a hard stance guy. He wouldnt have given you additional information. What you didnt realize though (even though I tried to convince you) is that it actually failed because you put that move on yourself. 

6 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

If you’re gonna come out with that sort of info, you’re better off fully coming out with everything. The minute people think you’re leaving details out is when they’re gonna start to doubt you. In your specific scenario, it seemed as though you didn’t fully understand the role and what the info could mean. Had you come out with you being an other and what your role does, it probably would have been received a bit better. 

Which brings me to my next point:

You also need to be able to logically answer questions/deflect criticisms to your claim. In this game, a bunch of post are lies or half truths. So when you claim, dont expect people to just believe you. And  just because people dont believe you, or view information differently, it doesnt make them scum. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Honestly, the one thing I want you to do, is to stop and think about how many scenarios there are for any given situation. Take nothing on face value. Even if you are the investigator, you never know if you are a crazy cop (you get opposite results) or someone could have tampered with your results. Your brother too. You guys dig into a stance and play it so aggressively its insane. And anytime someone (me) tries to point you in a different direction, you immediately start shouting over and over:

"you must be scum! and anyone who argues me must be scum! I just caught this player, that player, another player. They are all scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

Its not helpful. Because you never think the obvious: You maybe wrong. Or another obvious: The person might be disagreeing because of a valid reason. 

Rags just said above that he would have played it differently. So no matter how much you hate me, please understand that I am really pretty decent at this game and I have now several times tried to give you advice. Some of it in post game scenarios. I know what I am talking about. Maybe try to listen and learn.

PS: I didnt ever go after you this game. Even when you were pushing me, I kept causally dismissing your claims and trying to move on. In fact, I played it the same exact way as if I would if I was the "mayor/Gov" and you were pushing that narrative. I would have told you that I was not, so I wouldnt get hit. 

I get your point. But each scenario you recently, you based your alternative points in lies. Especially this game when you tried to say we talk to each other during the game about the game. I listen to alternative theories. I did not listed to yours or believe it meant you were a civ....because I didn't care. I was an other with no win condition. I was playing a chaos role snd went with it

7 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

This is what I did with Matts when he claimed D2 the game before and he is still salty about that lol. 

I tried to set you up to win the best I could @EliteTexan80. I left my win condition unknown and didn’t confirm your chain theory, PMd bucs immediately to confirm your win condition lol 

nothing i really could do after you said you had to kill me. I planned on claiming victory exactly (after 1 day) like you did after I died if I somehow swung the vote onto JFin instead of my lynch.

If you’re gonna jam me up on D1 you better friggin win next time

5 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

I get your point. But each scenario you recently, you based your alternative points in lies. Especially this game when you tried to say we talk to each other during the game about the game. I listen to alternative theories. I did not listed to yours or believe it meant you were a civ....because I didn't care. I was an other with no win condition. I was playing a chaos role snd went with it

This is what I did with Matts when he claimed D2 the game before and he is still salty about that lol. 

1. If you didnt have a win condition and didnt care if it meant I could be civ... then why did you care so much if it meant I was mafia. As @Tk3 always says, leave the games in the past. You arent going to be productive if you want revenge.

2. LOL. I played that way because *I WAS A CIV SPECIAL IN CHATY WITH A CIV SPECIAL*. I was trying to avoid a hit. It worked, beautifully. Nothing you did effected me at all aside from being annoyed. You did nothing to help town during that. Literally it was completely a bad play and like 5 people told you that after the game. This is a prime example of how you are not able to look past your own thoughts. You never, ever once considered that there maybe a reason for me to play my hand that way... and that it could be protown. It never crossed your mind. And you were dead wrong. Thats exact point I made above. You get an idea in your head (every single time wrong so far) and you pound the table with it. And your brother follows along. If there is one thing I could stress - just learn to open your mind a bit. 

Im done. It just doesnt matter. 

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Which brings me to my next point:

You also need to be able to logically answer questions/deflect criticisms to your claim. In this game, a bunch of post are lies or half truths. So when you claim, dont expect people to just believe you. And  just because people dont believe you, or view information differently, it doesnt make them scum. 

This is what gets confusing and annoying. The last two games I didn't believe you for way different reasons. Last game because you claimed D2 and changed your story and lied so many times. Doing exactly what touch just said don't do. Imo you played it terribly. This game I had I go and was going with it. Didn' care what you said because I was an other with no win con. I was playing a chaos role so...I made my choice and played it my way.

I 1000% do not assume someone is scum and attack aggressively just at a false truth or lie. It just so happens it was u last game and this for totally justifiable reasons imo. I haven't played many games and it just happened to be you. 

Also, you attacked me an my brother sayin we talk about the game firing the game...so yes you did go after me with lies once again. 

I do feel a little bit vindicated that I was right about an awful lot.

I had 3 hits and I got 2 Others + 1 Mafia

I was right that we needed to push JFin

I was right that Matts role had to be Mafia

I feel like we had our stuff together, the game just ran out too soon.

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Hockey5djh was lynched. His identity was hidden.

MookieMonster was hit. He was the Apprentice.

Darth Pees was hit. He was the Governor.

After surviving two days after EliteTexan80's death, @jfinley88 has won the game. And that's all she wrote.

Great game though

Everyone had a moment when ET went crazy, but really this was a great game. Sorry that people really got on you when they had no right to.

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Hockey5djh was lynched. His identity was hidden.

MookieMonster was hit. He was the Apprentice.

Darth Pees was hit. He was the Governor.

After surviving two days after EliteTexan80's death, @jfinley88 has won the game. And that's all she wrote.

I'll be honest though.

I do hate games where you can win by doing (essentially) nothing

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

1. If you didnt have a win condition and didnt care if it meant I could be civ... then why did you care so much if it meant I was mafia. As @Tk3 always says, leave the games in the past. You arent going to be productive if you want revenge.

2. LOL. I played that way because *I WAS A CIV SPECIAL IN CHATY WITH A CIV SPECIAL*. I was trying to avoid a hit. It worked, beautifully. Nothing you did effected me at all aside from being annoyed. You did nothing to help town during that. Literally it was completely a bad play and like 5 people told you that after the game. This is a prime example of how you are not able to look past your own thoughts. You never, ever once considered that there maybe a reason for me to play my hand that way... and that it could be protown. It never crossed your mind. And you were dead wrong. Thats exact point I made above. You get an idea in your head (every single time wrong so far) and you pound the table with it. And your brother follows along. If there is one thing I could stress - just learn to open your mind a bit. 

Im done. It just doesnt matter. 

5 people did not. I called you out cause that was a Mafia play imo. You couldnt keep your story straight at all. I will pound my fist if I believe I am right. 

I was an other with no win con...and my available info said you were 90% mafia or other. I will take those odds all day.

Archived