Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, Robb_K said:

I thought Robinson would have worked his way into that position.  He just needed work on his routes.  I was surprised we didn't want to keep him.

I hope they try and find a way to get him on the team. He's fine as a 3/4 bit obviously wouldn't ever want him starting if Thielen or Diggs miss games. 

4 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I hope they try and find a way to get him on the team. He's fine as a 3/4 bit obviously wouldn't ever want him starting if Thielen or Diggs miss games. 

Yeah I don't think it's a done deal that he isn't coming back. 

37 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Hopefully, he'll take additional steps to be the backup swing tackle for years to come.  

Seems unlikely, could see him wanting to leave to be a starter elsewhere. I mean look at what the Bengals paid Hart. Or Turner to GB. Why stick around as a backup when teams hand out stupid contracts to OL to start.

I wonder if there is any plan to start Hill, it would require a massive shift

LT O'Neill

LG Reiff

C Elflein

RG Kline/Rookie

RT Hill

Edited by vikingsrule

12 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Seems unlikely, could see him wanting to leave to be a starter elsewhere. I mean look at what the Bengals paid Hart. Or Turner to GB. Why stick around as a backup when teams hand out stupid contracts to OL to start.

I wonder if there is any plan to start Hill, it would require a massive shift

LT O'Neill

LG Reiff

C Elflein

RG Kline/Rookie

RT Hill

Hart was an exception, considering it's the Bengals...they weren't competing against anyone, and for whatever reason, chose to overpay him.  Turner, sure, I can grant that, but as has been shown, the Vikings' culture seems to generate some loyalty out of the players.  Now, it's certainly no guarantee...maybe Hill would want to get massively overpaid, but he also may not want to be the vagabond player, ala Turner, who is now on his 3rd team in 4 seasons.  I don't know enough about him from a personality standpoint to know what drives him.  

9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Hart was an exception, considering it's the Bengals...they weren't competing against anyone, and for whatever reason, chose to overpay him.  Turner, sure, I can grant that, but as has been shown, the Vikings' culture seems to generate some loyalty out of the players.  Now, it's certainly no guarantee...maybe Hill would want to get massively overpaid, but he also may not want to be the vagabond player, ala Turner, who is now on his 3rd team in 4 seasons.  I don't know enough about him from a personality standpoint to know what drives him.  

That's fair. Though money motivates everyone and seeing as how the Vikes are probably facing a difficult cap situation again next year, we're not going to be the type of team to hand out multi million dollar contracts to backups. $2m isn't bad this year, but his value is probably more on the open market.

Edited by vikingsrule

Sean Mannion was born in San Jose, California. He played high school football at Foothill in Pleasanton, starting three seasons and garnering a rating of four stars from Rivals. He set a Northern California record with 581 passing yards and five touchdowns in one game. In addition to being a three-year starter in football, Mannion earned two letters in baseball as a pitcher and one letter in basketball as a center.

Mannion starred collegiately at Oregon State where he broke multiple school records, including career passing yards (13,600), completions (1,187), attempts (1,838), completion percentage (64.6) and touchdowns (83), passing yards in a game (493), passing yards in a season (4,662 in 2013) and number of games with 350 or more passing yards (11). 

In July 2014, Mannion won the Manning Passing Academy Air-it-Out Challenge at the annual clinic that has been hosted for more than 20 years by Archie, Cooper, Peyton and Eli Manning. The contest challenges quarterbacks to throw footballs at nine moving golf carts with targets. Mannion hit all nine targets, showcasing his accuracy in the drill.

Mannion has backed up Jared Goff each of the past three seasons. He started in place of the 2016 No. 1 overall selection in the 2017 regular-season finale, a 34-13 loss to San Francisco that didn’t affect the Rams playoff status. Mannion completed 20 of 34 passes (58.8 percent) for 169 yards for a passer rating of 71.8 against the 49ers.

https://www.vikings.com/news/5-things-know-minnesota-vikings-sean-mannion?sf211077238=1