Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

A 2015 undrafted free agent, Jordan Taylor gutted through a labrum tear in his right hip in 2017 but still finished as Denver's No. 3 receiver and primary punt returner, recording 13 catches for 142 yards and 11 returns for 103 yards. He underwent corrective hip surgery after the season, which effectively ended his 2018 campaign, as well. He also might be best known for being Peyton Manning's personal wide receiver during his rehab process back in 2015 while dealing with a foot injury.

Terms of the deal with the Vikings were not immediately available other than that it is a one-year contract.

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Jordan-Taylor-to-sign-with-Minnesota-Vikings-131174063/

aaah, now it makes a little more sense....

Edited by vike daddy

Glad to see we extended Thielen . . . he's earned it!  Cheers to him producing clutch catches throughout the rest of his career.  

Now about this #3 guy . . . the Vikes need a guy capable of producing a 1,000 yard, 10 TD season in case of injury, but more importantly someone reliable that can help move the chains would be a major improvement.   I can't recall how many drops Treadwell had on situations like 2nd and 6 or 3rd and 8 . . . more than I care to gripe over, lol.  

58 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Glad to see we extended Thielen . . . he's earned it!  Cheers to him producing clutch catches throughout the rest of his career.  

Now about this #3 guy . . . the Vikes need a guy capable of producing a 1,000 yard, 10 TD season in case of injury, but more importantly someone reliable that can help move the chains would be a major improvement.   I can't recall how many drops Treadwell had on situations like 2nd and 6 or 3rd and 8 . . . more than I care to gripe over, lol.  

How many teams have that good of a #3?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Can't field an elite defense, great OL, $30m QB and have 3 receivers capable of putting up top 25 numbers. Seems far too unrealistic. At some point, sacrifices have to be made. Receivers are the first spot to look at given how much Cousins, Thielen and Diggs make. We're going to have to lean on cheap FAs, mid round draft picks, to fix everything else.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Let's be honest....

This kid has 29 receptions in 4 seasons in the NFL. He's a depth player at best.

We still need a legit #3 option and Treadwell nor Taylor is it.

I thought Robinson would have worked his way into that position.  He just needed work on his routes.  I was surprised we didn't want to keep him.