Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Murray does not seem like an O’Connell type QB. 

You might be correct when you say that but when has KOC ever had an opportunity to kinda "pick" his own QB? Jaren Hall might be the first? I might of missed an interview or something where he talks about his ideal QB but i dont really remember anything.

Like i said im not a fan of Kyler at all mainly his personality not his play on the field but theres a chance hes on the block next year and to me that doesnt seem to happen all that often, a young talented QB being on the trading the block that has had some pretty good success in the league. Im not saying its going to happen or that i want it to happen but i wouldnt be surprised if KAM explores that potential trade if the Cards end up with #1 OA.

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

I'm pretty sure he likes smart QB's who do their homework and film study.

People can change even so who knows he would look like later on this year let alone next.  imo work ethic is something you either have or not and to me he hasnt shown to have to of have it. But who knows really what a memed on disrespected Kyler Murray would look like in the future? Maybe getting out of the gimmicky air raid offense could do him so good.

To be brutally honest though thinking of what he could potentially do with JJ, TJ, JA does sounds kinda fun.

Kinda playing devils advocate here as Kyler isnt exactly what i want in a QB.

56 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Im not a fan of the player and his personality but he is a pretty good QB.

No, he's not.  He had a good 2020 (when there were no fans) and 21, but his rookie year and last year were just plain awful.  And they wouldn't want his contract on top of that, which is one of the worst structured deals I've seen.   

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

No, he's not.  He had a good 2020 (when there were no fans) and 21, but his rookie year and last year were just plain awful.  And they wouldn't want his contract on top of that, which is one of the worst structured deals I've seen.   

I havent seen it so i cant comment on that. All im saying i can see KAM  atleast explore the idea if hes on the block. Not saying he would or wouldnt.

2 minutes ago, Sad People said:

I havent seen it so i cant comment on that. All im saying i can see KAM  atleast explore the idea if hes on the block. Not saying he would or wouldnt.

On a rookie deal, I'd trade a 4th for Murray.

On his current deal, Arizona would have to pull a Denver/Osweiler and give up value to get rid of him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Oh, I'm sure he'd make a call.  Like Gutekunst said about the Jonathan Taylor thing, if we don't at least investigate it then we're not doing our job. 

But, when you're likely moving on from Kirk, you're not turning around and spending even more money on the position.  You're spending money everywhere else to support a cheaper contract at the position.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Oh, I'm sure he'd make a call.  Like Gutekunst said about the Jonathan Taylor thing, if we don't at least investigate it then we're not doing our job. 

But, when you're likely moving on from Kirk, you're not turning around and spending even more money on the position.  You're spending money everywhere else to support a cheaper contract at the position.

I should take a look at his deal. See how bad it really is.