Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Those that played for the Vikings are:

QBs Randall Cunningham, Rich Gannon, Donovan McNabb (does he really count?)

RBs Terry Allen, Robert Smith, FB Tony Richardson

OL Matt Birk

DL Jared Allen (hopefully, this will finally be his time), Henry Thomas, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams

LB Bryce Paup (yes, he had a cup of coffee with the Vikings)

DB Antoine Winfield

K Gary Anderson

7 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Is there ANY hope that the running game will improve?  I admit, that the lack of rushing effectiveness is the most discouraging piece as the season goes forward.

I'm hesitant to believe that it's going to significantly improve.  I think this is a situation where we're getting what we kind of expected...that Mattison doesn't have the vision that Cook had, so he needs bigger holes created to be effective.  To see any improvement, I think Chandler needs to be in more, because he has the wiggle that Mattison does not. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Is there ANY hope that the running game will improve?  I admit, that the lack of rushing effectiveness is the most discouraging piece as the season goes forward.

Absolutely there's hope. between injuries, playing two of the better run defenses in the NFL, and turnovers putting the team in passing situations, I think there are better odds that they improve quickly. 

I do hope that they are spending a significant amount of time on it this week haha.

EDIT: that's not to say that the run game is going to become a focal point of the offense - that would be silly given the weapons on the team. I just think the run game will be more effective than it has been.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 2