Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Even if someone could make more money in college,  wouldn't it make sense to get the rookie contract started asap to be that much closer to the potential huge 2nd contract?

Also every year there is talk about the top qb potentially starting in school or not wanting to go to the team with the first pick it seems like.  Most years that team seems like a dumpster fire at that time.  Just look at the Texans from a year ago,  or the Bengals when they drafted burrow

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

wouldn't it make sense to get the rookie contract started asap to be that much closer to the potential huge 2nd contract?

Financially, yes. But there are likely more factors than simply money. These players are smart enough to see where they might be going, and they know that going to a bad spot can kill your chances of getting that huge contract. While NIL money won’t match NFL money, it does allow a player, especially one as talented as Caleb Williams, to have options.

If you had a year left of college eligibility left and saw Chicago fail with Trubisky, and all but ruin Fields, would you trust that organization? 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Chicago fail with Trubisky, and all but ruin Fields, would you trust that organization? 

Exactly!  I don't think Celab or his dad whol seems to have influence in that decision will choose to go to Chicago for that very reason.

I can't post these sentiments on their tank for Caleb discussion board to burst their little bubble because I don't want to be accused of trolling.

But If Chicago does gets the number 1 pick I can see Jones pulling a Elway or Eli Manning stunt on draft day or threaten to return to USC.

Chicago is a QB destroying wasteland.

7 minutes ago, St Vince said:

But If Chicago does gets the number 1 pick I can see Jones pulling a Elway or Eli Manning stunt on draft day or threaten to return to USC.

well, a true Elway or Manning move would not to be to threaten to stay out of the draft, but just to refuse to play for certain teams.

but i guess Elway did state an option of playing baseball instead.

My point is more often than not,  that team with the number 1 pick has been failing. What if the Browns get the number 1 pick the next year? They haven't had a lot of success lately either.  

If the Bears hire a well thought of offensive head coach and manage draft Marvin Harrison,  the QB could still see some early success. 

Also I could be wrong but weren't trubisky and fields drafted the year before the coach got fired? Or did Nagy have a hand in drafting trubisky?

12 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

My point is more often than not,  that team with the number 1 pick has been failing. What if the Browns get the number 1 pick the next year? They haven't had a lot of success lately either.  

If the Bears hire a well thought of offensive head coach and manage draft Marvin Harrison,  the QB could still see some early success. 

Also I could be wrong but weren't trubisky and fields drafted the year before the coach got fired? Or did Nagy have a hand in drafting trubisky?

In both cases, the head coaches were fired at the end of the year they drafted the QB, so Nagy inherited Trubisky and Eberflus inherited Fields. 

Edited by swede700

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

In both cases, the head coaches were fired at the end of the year they drafted the QB, so Nagy inherited Trubisky and Eberflus inherited Fields. 

I wouldn't say that's the reason that they didn't work out but I do think that works against them a bit.  But that makes me feel like they had better fire this coach before drafting another QB and doing the same thing.