Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

My guess is Harry makes it back to the PS and Mannion is a coach for us next season lol

Well, if and when there's an opening for Mannion and he's ready to coach, I'm sure he'd get the offer.  Right now though, I think with Udinski and O'Hara as the QB coaches, there's not really room for him yet.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

From what I’ve heard about the Cincy stadium, the whole thing is a urinal. 

we can be cultured about it though, and use intended receptacles.

who was that member we had here who would go on and on about the poor quality of the MetroDome urinals and how US Bank was better...?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

we can be cultured about it though, and use intended receptacles.

who was that member we had here who would go on and on about the poor quality of the MetroDome urinals and how US Bank was better...?

I wasn't around here for those discussions, but I assure you that the humpty dump didn't have urinals.  It had troughs where you needed to deal with people bumping you around as they shouldered in next to you.  Some preferred to use the sinks rather than dealing with the trough mosh pits.

Whoever it was, I would have been right there with them going on and on about how much better the urinals are in US Bank. I didn't care about the narrow concourses as much as others.  For me, the urinals were the most meaningful upgrade. I wish the tailgating was better, but being forced to stay downtown made that impossible.

The new roof is nice in that it doesn't collapse too.

I sometimes wish the team still played at the Met.  Roof collapses weren't a thing there. The old met did have its short comings though. Players from both teams on the same sideline, seats way too far back, etc... 

But it was outdoor football. We were a tougher people back then. People nowadays would struggle.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

But it was outdoor football. We were a tougher people back then. People nowadays would struggle.

Again with this trash.

There are cold weather outdoor stadiums still to this day, we know this isn't true. It wasn't even that long ago, here- in Minnesota- where fans PACKED the TCF Bank for one of the coldest football games ever..... Just stop 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

I wasn't around here for those discussions, but I assure you that the humpty dump didn't have urinals.  It had troughs where you needed to deal with people bumping you around as they shouldered in next to you.  Some preferred to use the sinks rather than dealing with the trough mosh pits.

Whoever it was, I would have been right there with them going on and on about how much better the urinals are in US Bank. I didn't care about the narrow concourses as much as others.  For me, the urinals were the most meaningful upgrade. I wish the tailgating was better, but being forced to stay downtown made that impossible.

The new roof is nice in that it doesn't collapse too.

I sometimes wish the team still played at the Met.  Roof collapses weren't a thing there. The old met did have its short comings though. Players from both teams on the same sideline, seats way too far back, etc... 

I don't know about the people being tougher, however, the Minnesota winters gave the Vikings an undeniable home field advantage come December. 

15 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I'll be there. Definitely sucks that it won't be Kirko v. Burrow. It's likely going to be an afternoon of terrible QB play. C'est la vie. At least I get to mark off another stadium.

Gotta love Hall/Mullens/Dobbs v. Browning. 

• Like 2