Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

15 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Are they going to be able to take the green dot from Pace?

I think they'll still want Hicks to have it...he's done a good job with it, but it'd probably still be better to have him concentrating on doing just his job...the offenses they've faced with him having the dot haven't exactly been juggernauts.  If Hicks isn't back next year though, I'm certain it'd be his.   

Wes Phillips: “Aside from the standards I have for myself, I do understand as a coach in this league, there are certain standards from the NFL and the Vikings. I didn’t live up to those standards. The last thing I would ever want to do is detract from the attention being on the great things that these guys do on the field. So that was unfortunate. I do believe in being accountable, learning from your mistakes, accepting whatever discipline may come down the road and growing from it.”

Despite his arrest, the Vikings allowed Phillips to travel with the team to Las Vegas for Sunday’s game. Asked if he’ll be with the Vikings on Saturday at Cincinnati, Phillips said that’s not for him to say:

“I’m not the one who’s going to make that decision. I'm just going to keep coaching until they tell me otherwise.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/wes-phillips-on-dwi-i-didnt-live-up-to-the-standards-set-by-the-nfl-and-the-vikings

Edited by vike daddy

Vikings defensive lineman Harrison Phillips has been named the NFL Players Association Community MVP for Week 15.

Phillips and his Playmakers foundation held events in three places with ties to Phillips over the last week. In Minnesota, Phillips dressed as Santa Claus while hosting a shopping spree for 200 families. The former Bill worked with former teammates to host another 150 families for a holiday party in Buffalo and he gave gifts to 100 families at an event in Phillips’ hometown of Omaha.

Those events also featured food drives, gift drives and fundraising for veterans.

Phillips: “Words can’t express how appreciative I am for being named this week’s NFLPA Community MVP. Each week, I see all our winners and the honorable mentions, and it makes me feel more motivated seeing our union members giving back. This week was special because it involved my Playmakers all across the country.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/harrison-phillips-named-nflpa-community-mvp-for-week-15

• Like 2

Vikings Head Coach Kevin O'Connell announced Jordan Hicks will return to practice Tuesday, effectively activating the 21-day window in which the team can decide to elevate him from Injured Reserve to the 53-man roster.

Through the season's first 10 games, Hicks totaled 87 tackles, one interception, a sack, one forced fumble, two fumble recoveries and four passes defensed.

https://www.vikings.com/news/announce-jordan-hicks-will-return-to-practice?fbclid=IwAR1asWJsXLJ6efiadXZoJnLxGCjdqXMrkYnucOq4XZaWvOH93S7pNu5DwuY