Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

If only my wife wasn't afraid of flying

I sort of get that, but I don't.  I have a huge fear of heights, but put me in an enclosed space at an extreme height, I'm fine, but put me outside, my legs go to jelly.  I've never had a problem with flying, because I'm enclosed...plus, it's so rare to have issues in flying, that I'm not that concerned.  Hell, my first flight ever was over to Germany at age 18. Haven't been overseas since.  🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I sort of get that, but I don't.  I have a huge fear of heights, but put me in an enclosed space at an extreme height, I'm fine, but put me outside, my legs go to jelly.  I've never had a problem with flying, because I'm enclosed...plus, it's so rare to have issues in flying, that I'm not that concerned.  Hell, my first flight ever was over to Germany at age 18. Haven't been overseas since.  🤣

This probably doesn’t work if she’s both aerophobic and claustrophobic 😂 

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I think it's being in a tin can high up in the air that's the problem.  

Personally i like flying but it's a lot more stressful flying with someone that hates it

11 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I am the same.  However,  my fear of heights started all of a sudden when I was 25.  I can't be high up and outdoors feeling the air.  Sometimes I also feel it watching TV or in a movie theater. 

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Wait until you finally convince someone who’s nervous to fly to actually get on a plane, and then they get to experience heavy turbulence…

Or like PA likes to refer to "moderate chop."  It actually hasn't been that often that I've experienced turbulence, but of course, that's often when you're traveling against the jet stream going west. 

40 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Wait until you finally convince someone who’s nervous to fly to actually get on a plane, and then they get to experience heavy turbulence…

I did get her on a plane when we were dating and apparently I mentioned that the turbulence was worse than usual.  She won't let me forget it. I think I just noticed everything more knowing how bad it was for her 

• Like 1

That’s especially true for the 18 teams that didn’t make the playoffs. Some have brighter prospects for prompt rebounds than others. Of those 18 teams, who is best positioned to contend in 2024? Here’s a ranking, from most likely to least likely.

10. Minnesota Vikings (7-10)

Buckle up, Vikings fans. Plenty of uncertainty looms. Does Kirk Cousins return as quarterback, or does he depart in free agency? Does defensive coordinator Brian Flores get another head coaching job? If they both return, that would seemingly position Minnesota to bounce back after a disappointing 1-6 finish to the end of the season. Flores seems likely to move on, but regardless, general manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and coach Kevin O’Connell are a smart duo and should figure out a way to keep the Vikings relevant.

https://theathletic.com/5193044/2024/01/17/nfl-teams-missed-playoffs-power-rankings-2024/

• Like 1

NFC Title Game Appearances Since 1996
RK NFC TEAM G W-L
3-5
2-5
3-4
4-0
0-4
2-2
2-2

https://theathletic.com/5215245/2024/01/22/chiefs-bills-nfl-divisional-playoffs-ravens-lions/

With the Lions now making it to the NFC conference title game, only the Commanders and Cowboys have not made the NFCC in this time. 

Edited by swede700