Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Alec Lewis' 10-step program for the Vikings this offseason:

1. Present Kirk Cousins with a short-term offer

2. Prioritize the contention window in negotiations with edge rusher Danielle Hunter

3. Prepare for a bridge quarterback if Cousins signs elsewhere

4. Cut defensive tackle Dean Lowry

5. Pursue pay cuts with defensive tackle Harrison Phillips and cornerback Byron Murphy Jr.

6. If Harrison Smith wants to return, negotiate another pay cut

7. Sign two edge rushers, a defensive tackle, a linebacker, a left guard, a No. 3 receiver and swing massively on at least one free-agent defender

8. Draft a QB regardless of the Cousins situation, but be realistic about the inherent uncertainty

9. Use premium draft resources on defensive line/edge rusher

10. Extend Justin Jefferson and Christian Darrisaw

https://theathletic.com/5276165/2024/02/15/vikings-offseason-plan-cousins-jefferson/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I miss Chad Graff. 

Yeah, I still follow him on Twitter, so I see his stuff about the Patriots.  While I like Alec, he's certainly not nearly as in-depth as guys like Graff and Arif were. 

Vikings offensive coordinator Wes Phillips is set to enter a guilty plea in Hennepin County Court on Friday to settle charges related to his DWI arrest from December 2023.

Court records show, via FOX 9, that Phillips is going to plead guilty to an amended charge of careless driving. Phillips was stopped around 11 p.m. on December 8 and charged with fourth-degree DWI because he had a blood alcohol content of .10, which is over the legal limit in Minnesota.

Phillips said after the arrest that he didn’t live up to the standards of the Vikings or the NFL and that he would accept “whatever discipline may come down the road” as a result of the arrest.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/vikings-oc-wes-phillips-to-plead-guilty-to-careless-driving-to-settle-dwi-arrest

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Vikings offensive coordinator Wes Phillips is set to enter a guilty plea in Hennepin County Court on Friday to settle charges related to his DWI arrest from December 2023.

Court records show, via FOX 9, that Phillips is going to plead guilty to an amended charge of careless driving. Phillips was stopped around 11 p.m. on December 8 and charged with fourth-degree DWI because he had a blood alcohol content of .10, which is over the legal limit in Minnesota.

Phillips said after the arrest that he didn’t live up to the standards of the Vikings or the NFL and that he would accept “whatever discipline may come down the road” as a result of the arrest.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/vikings-oc-wes-phillips-to-plead-guilty-to-careless-driving-to-settle-dwi-arrest

Gee, why do people keep driving drunk in the US? I don't know.....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

.08 is the limit in most states, i think.

and over the limit is over the limit.

Yes and he should face the consequences but being .02 over the limit is different than being double over the limit imo

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Yes and he should face the consequences but being .02 over the limit is different than being double over the limit imo

I agree with @Vike Daddy. Over the limit is over the limit.  Should be no gradation of consequences. The punishment is the punishment as a deterant... Hopefully. 

6 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

no, it's not. impaired while operating a motor vehicle is impaired. you can still cause great damage, even death.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

Isn't .1 the legal limit in some states? I'd hardly call that driving drunk

It absolutely is. The car kills at .08 just the same as it does at .16.  Additionally, he was obviously driving impaired enough to get pulled over. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

It absolutely is. The car kills at .08 just the same as it does at .16.  Additionally, he was obviously driving impaired enough to get pulled over. 

What are the chances of crashing at .08 compared to .16?