Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

I would say no. Jefferson is worth more than a single first round pick...even number 1.

“Last year the Bears got wide receiver D.J. Moore, the ninth overall pick, the 61st overall pick, a 2024 first-round pick and a 2025 second-round pick for the first overall pick.”

Going to 11; this would mean Jefferson’s floor is DJ Moore, pick 61, future first and a future 2nd.   To go from 11 to 1 in this draft with Williams would be closer to like a 3 firsts value, no?, 

55 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

“Last year the Bears got wide receiver D.J. Moore, the ninth overall pick, the 61st overall pick, a 2024 first-round pick and a 2025 second-round pick for the first overall pick.”

Going to 11; this would mean Jefferson’s floor is DJ Moore, pick 61, future first and a future 2nd.   To go from 11 to 1 in this draft with Williams would be closer to like a 3 firsts value, no?, 

I would not take that trade...1. Because it is with Chicago...2.  I am not interested in giving up Jefferson unless the Vikings receive in return what the Cowboys got in the Hershel Walker trade...3. Williams is not the same level talent at QB that Jefferson is at receiver. To reiterate...I would not take the trade you outline.

Someone would have to give me a lot of lottery tickets to convince me to give up a jackpot that I already won.  Sure, the jackpot might be larger at that time than the one that I won, but the odds of striking that again are vanishingly small.

If you won $200M in the Powerball a few years back and have already spent $20M of your winnings, would you give up the other $180M for 1000 new Powerball tickets that had a chance to win $300M?  In theory, you could end up in better shape, but that would be a bold move that more than likely leaves you with only enough winnings to buy some scratch and lose tickets or a few more cracks at the Powerball.

How many times does a team have to turn a Randy Moss into a Troy Williamson before the decide the juice isn't worth the squeeze?  If I was in charge, one time would be more than enough.  How about you?

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 8

On 2/10/2024 at 9:20 PM, Cearbhall said:

Someone would have to give me a lot of lottery tickets to convince me to give up a jackpot that I already won.  Sure, the jackpot might be larger at that time than the one that I won, but the odds of striking that again are vanishingly small.

If you won $200M in the Powerball a few years back and have already spent $20M of your winnings, would you give up the other $180M for 1000 new Powerball tickets that had a chance to win $300M?  In theory, you could end up in better shape, but that would be a bold move that more than likely leaves you with only enough winnings to buy some scratch and lose tickets or a few more cracks at the Powerball.

How many times does a team have to turn a Randy Moss into a Troy Williamson before the decide the juice isn't worth the squeeze?  If I was in charge, one time would be more than enough.  How about you?

They did turn Stefon Diggs into Justin Jefferson though. Well I should say Rick Spielman did.