Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

24 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't. Beat GB and play for pride in week 18.

At this rate, we might be down to the 2nd team with all of these injuries. Just hate seeing a guy like Hockenson go down this late in the year with the injury he suffered. Will he even be ready for camp? 

• Like 1

I have never been more ready for a season to end than I am for this one right now. It has just been injury after injury to our most important players, which especially sucks since our season has been effectively over since Kirk went down. I am just looking forward to the draft at this point and seeing how well Kwesi and company fire up the grill and cook.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

I have never been more ready for a season to end than I am for this one right now. It has just been injury after injury to our most important players, which especially sucks since our season has been effectively over since Kirk went down. I am just looking forward to the draft at this point and seeing how well Kwesi and company fire up the grill and cook.

Agreed completely. The best case post Cousins might have been just sneaking into the playoffs. Just didn’t seem to be an end game there, like are we really good enough to beat a Detroit, Dallas, Philly or SF with a backup QB? I get playing for pride and all that, that’s the coaches and players job, I’m sure Kwesi and many fans are just sitting back waiting for this disaster of a season to end. At least come out of it with a good pick and a healthy roster for next year. 

7 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Agreed completely. The best case post Cousins might have been just sneaking into the playoffs. Just didn’t seem to be an end game there, like are we really good enough to beat a Detroit, Dallas, Philly or SF with a backup QB? I get playing for pride and all that, that’s the coaches and players job, I’m sure Kwesi and many fans are just sitting back waiting for this disaster of a season to end. At least come out of it with a good pick and a healthy roster for next year. 

All things considered,  I liked last season a lot more than this season. Others may feel differently...but if you do, you might want to step away from the narcotics.  😜 

3 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

All things considered,  I liked last season a lot more than this season. Others may feel differently...but if you do, you might want to step away from the narcotics.  😜 

There's certainly a difference in enjoyment between the 2, but really in neither one was the team really a threat to go far in the playoffs.  🤣

1 hour ago, Captain Relax said:

Last year was very lucky, very fun season. This season, around that SF win, this team felt different. Like they could be a legit team if they’d stop turning the ball over. And then Kirk got hurt and it was basically a long shot, though Dobbs gave us like two games of optimism.  

• Like 6

it's been 10 years now since the Vikings played in the Metrodome. Opening for a Twins game in April 1982, at a construction cost of $68 million

They built U.S. Bank Stadium on the spot where the Dome used to be at a cost of more than $1 billion. But the Dome is still the only venue to host an MLB All-Star game, a World Series, a Super Bowl, and an NCAA Final Four.

https://www.fox9.com/news/metrodome-remembered-on-10th-anniversary-of-last-game?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0pOiCrmHnyvCklgcGPRh9AQlt2geXct5nlpmDWr-u2RI_mUFY5Lg91GeE

• 2 weeks later...

Our 2024 opponents are locked in now:

Home:  Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Arizona, San Francisco, Houston, Indianapolis, Atlanta, NY Jets

Road:  Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, LA Rams, Seattle, Jacksonville, Tennessee, NY Giants

I'm eyeing the return to Seattle, as I'm planning on going, depending on when it is in the season.  I want to take my wife back to the area where I spent the early part of this century in...and my father-in-law has cousins there he'd like to visit. 

• Like 1

Just now, swede700 said:

Is Phillips worth cutting? Thought he was ok, maybe a restructure?

Why does Smith have to retire. Is the savings different than if we just cut him. He shouldn’t be on the team anymore. I know he’s got the nickname of hitman but when was the last time we saw a game changing hit or something impressive. Seems he’s mostly a savvy cover guy at this stage and not the disruptor or intimidator he was early on in his career. 

Of the three, I’d rather keep Bradbury. For all of his flaws, he does do a noticeably better job than anyone else with line protections and just getting the line set. If he’s cheap, I don’t see much upside in outright cutting him. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t try and replace him with a mid round pick, just wouldn’t expect a rookie to come into that spot given all the responsibilities a center has. Plus if we’re making one last run with Kirk, probably don’t want him dealing with a rookie center or even someone he’s unfamiliar with. 

There is no cap difference between a player retirement and a release in Harry's case...although if he wants to play, they'll likely ask him to take a pay-cut again.  If he doesn't, then they'll release him. 

With Phillips, they'll be able to save about $7M against the cap by cutting him.  He'll be entering the final year of his deal, so it'll be either extend him to lessen his cap number or cut him.