Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Phillips is pretty average. He's replaceable.

Not on a team with only like 4 average players on D......they need 2-3 CBs, maybe a S, and 1-2 edge and 1-2 interior DL. Cutting an "average" player in those circumstances seems unwise. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I wish it wasn't a home game but I'm hyped to watch my 5th Vikings game! 

The Vikings are also an undefeated 3-0 while playing in London so hopefully that trend continues

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GermanVike said:

I'll be there, and hopefully my streak continues. Never seen a Vikings loss.

You're a lucky charm...this last Bears game I went to at Soldier Field was the first Vikings win I've seen in person probably since the 80s, if ever.  It'd been so long that I can't even remember.  🤣

I'm just going to guess and say it'll be the Colts-Vikings that will be over in London.  That sounds like a game they'd put over there. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, swede700 said:

You're a lucky charm...this last Bears game I went to at Soldier Field was the first Vikings win I've seen in person probably since the 80s, if ever.  It'd been so long that I can't even remember.  🤣

I'm just going to guess and say it'll be the Colts-Vikings that will be over in London.  That sounds like a game they'd put over there. 

I would guess so too. Colts are in London pretty frequently and they still got a fairly large fanbase in Europe (leftovers from the Manning age).

If any of you guys are coming across the pond, be sure to hit me up.

• Like 3

I think my vacation fund will be quite short for me to go to the game, but I'd love to go to London! Haha

I wonder if we'll just host the Bears, or are they also the home team (of a separate game)?

I wonder who we would play then?

Edited by SteelKing728

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think my vacation fund will be quite short for me to go to the game, but I'd love to go to London! Haha

I wonder if we'll just host the Bears, or are they also the home team (of a separate game)?

I wonder who we would play then?

These games are never divisional games.  If it's happened, it's extremely rare.  The Bears will have their own home game in London, so it won't be against the Vikings.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

These games are never divisional games.  If it's happened, it's extremely rare.  The Bears will have their own home game in London, so it won't be against the Vikings.

Ok I was gonna say I don't remember that being the case. Thanks!

For anyone interested, use Google Flights to look for your flights. You can mess around with dates and different airports to determine the cheapest flights. For example, you can put your home airport and then just type "Europe" as your destination. It will pull up the cheapest flights for hundreds of airports across Europe for your dates. You can also limit it to "England," "United Kingdom," "Germany," etc. It will do the same thing, but just for that country. You can then look at their date grid for an individual destination to see what the cheaper flights would be on different dates.

In my experience, flying in and out of Dublin is usually a good deal cheaper than other cities. You can fly to Dublin, then take a flight on a budget carrier like RyanAir to London for about $25 round trip. You have to pay for carry on and checked bags, but many times it's still a lot cheaper to go that route. Plus...Ireland is great destination on its own.

• Like 3