Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I believe so.  However, before the trade is consummated, he'll have to sign the tender so that he is technically under contract with the trading team. 

meaning... his first year salary with the new team is at the tendered amount, or it's all negotiable?

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

meaning... his first year salary with the new team is at the tendered amount, or it's all negotiable?

Tagged players can negotiate with a team any terms they want.  The team that tagged them then has the right to match that offer or get compensation in accordance with the tag that has been applied to them.

Sometimes, teams negotiate a trade for a tagged player.  In those cases, the player needs to sign their tender before they can be traded.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Tagged players can negotiate with a team any terms they want.  The team that tagged them then has the right to match that offer of get compensation in accordance with the tag that has been applied to them.

Sometimes, teams negotiate a trade for a tagged player.  In those cases, the player needs to sign their tender before they can be traded.

Right.  Once that player signs his tag and then is traded, he'd then be under the same terms as the Chiefs were...they'd have until that 7/15 date to negotiate a long-term deal.  Often-times, they'd already have that long-term deal negotiated before the trade, so it's only a formality. 

• Like 2

Are the draft picks locked at two 1st's or is compensation negotiable. 

Surely the Vikings wouldn't part with the 11th plus next years 1st for a 27 year old they have to make the highest paid corner. I wouldn't even want to give up my 2nd this year for Sneed, why not just take the top CB at 11.

1 minute ago, BWG VIKE said:

Surely the Vikings wouldn't part with the 11th plus next years 1st for a 27 year old they have to make the highest paid corner. I wouldn't even want to give up my 2nd this year for Sneed, why not just take the top CB at 11.

The teams will often agree to lesser than 2 1sts in the trade. 

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The teams will often agree to lesser than 2 1sts in the trade. 

It just seems odd the Vikings would have interest in Sneed. Any ammo required takes them right out of the QB draft market unless they plan on one falling.

35 minutes ago, BWG VIKE said:

Nooooooooo!  My head would explode!!!

34 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Just don't draft them...according to most people....

I actually don't mind drafting kickers...just don't draft them before the 6th round. 

This. The odds of any player after round four being good are low. Why not draft a kicker later if you love one?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

What do you guys think?

I don't really care about 60 plus yard field goals.  Give me a guy who is really accurate from the 20 to the 55 yard line...during games...he can miss all he wants in practice!!!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I don't really care about 60 plus yard field goals.  Give me a guy who is really accurate from the 20 to the 55 yard line...during games...he can miss all he wants in practice!!!!

He's not league average. 

• Like 2