Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

uh no, three young men are dead. and at least one was aiming toward building a life that supported many others in his family.

the idea that she might be remorseful over is not a horrible fate to have.

Fair point. Thanks for the insight!

I wanted to bring up football discussion regarding the depth that we have at corner now, but I just can't. I don't want to think about it.

• Like 1

That means it’s time for subjective arguments about things that do not matter. Recently, that’s covered jersey designs and alternate helmets. Today, we’re diving into helmet logos.

9 Minnesota Vikings

Who cares if the actual Vikings may never have worn horned helmets? These rule.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-helmet-rankings-logos-bengals-packers

I don't necessarily disagree with those listed above them, but the Rams after them are far too high, as far as I'm concerned.  The old Rams logo was far superior.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-helmet-rankings-logos-bengals-packers

I don't necessarily disagree with those listed above them, but the Rams after them are far too high, as far as I'm concerned.  The old Rams logo was far superior.

I love that they're back to that more vibrant color scheme but not a huge fan of the new helmet with the stripe through the horn. I think the current helmet is still better than those ones they had a few years ago with the white horns. 

5 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I love that they're back to that more vibrant color scheme but not a huge fan of the new helmet with the stripe through the horn. I think the current helmet is still better than those ones they had a few years ago with the white horns. 

I actually loved the ones with the white horn.  The fact that they matched then with the uniform at the time (which had the yellow stripes) was the issue.  The white horns evoked the classic unis from the 60s/70s. 

Finally, we're ranked in a comparative listing above 15 or 16, lol.

I'm surprised the Texans and Patriots are both ranked so low, as I think their logos are sharp.

And I've never been comfortable with the screaming head wound logo of the Buffalo Bills.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Finally, we're ranked in a comparative listing above 15 or 16, lol.

I'm surprised the Texans and Patriots are both ranked so low, as I think their logos are sharp.

And I've never been comfortable with the screaming head wound logo of the Buffalo Bills.

Outside of the fact that their name is a contradiction...as "Bills" has nothing to do with their logo, outside of the fact that Bill Cody used to hunt buffalo...in fact, he was born in Iowa.  He did spend time in Rochester, NY though...so I guess that counts. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, swede700 said:

Outside of the fact that their name is a contradiction...as "Bills" has nothing to do with their logo, outside of the fact that Bill Cody used to hunt buffalo...in fact, he was born in Iowa.  He did spend time in Rochester, NY though...so I guess that counts. 

Pirates in the Nevada desert???  Some teams should be forced to change to names that make sense! Are there many Falcons in Georgia? Panthers in Charlotte? Lions in Detroit??  Just name a few.

Edited by Captain Relax

7 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Pirates in the Nevada desert???  Some teams should be forced to change to names that make sense! Are there many Falcons in Georgia? Panthers in Charlotte? Lions in Detroit??  Just name a few.

It should be the Green Bay Mobility Scooters if we’re being accurate. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

It should be the Green Bay Mobility Scooters if we’re being accurate. 

Especially since the company that is their namesake went out of business over 80 yrs ago.  They really should have been forced to change their name then.   

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1