Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

I acknowledge that what I am about to say is controversial: But I think it is time to find Addison a new home. He has now proven himself to be a complete problem for this franchise, and for him to do this 8 days after his teammate was killed by a drunk driver is unequivocally unacceptable. Not to mention, he may be the biggest idiot I have ever seen.

It pains me to say that, because he is such a great player. No one will respect him in the locker room now, and gives KOC and Kwesi and extremely tough decision to make. If KOC doesn't punish him to the fullest, or doesn't ship him off, I think KOC will run the risk of losing the locker room.

Edited by AP_allday2869
  • Like 3

For the lawyers in the room;

Addison was arrested on suspicion of DUI, but wasn’t charged (or at least no report of a charge has come out). Is that common?

No report of a blood alcohol level. No report of a refusal to cooperate with field sobriety tests. Is that common? 

Arrested at 11:36 and released at 1:36. Only two hours between arrest and release, is that common?

19 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

I acknowledge that what I am about to say is controversial: But I think it is time to find Addison a new home. He has now proven himself to be a complete problem for this franchise, and for him to do this 8 days after his teammate was killed by a drunk driver is unequivocally unacceptable. Not to mention, he may be the biggest idiot I have ever seen.

It pains me to say that, because he is such a great player. No one will respect him in the locker room now, and gives KOC and Kwesi and extremely tough decision to make. If KOC doesn't punish him to the fullest, or doesn't ship him off, I think KOC will run the risk of losing the locker room.

That's a pretty extreme view, particularly since we don't have all the facts.

But we're all entitled to our own views.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have ZERO sympathy for any professional athlete that gets pulled over or arrested with any alcohol/drugs in their system, or doing generally reckless things. You have a ton of money to get a driver (private limo, bodyguard, etc.), and your entire livelihood is based on keeping your body in peak shape. No excuse at all. The level of immaturity and pure stupidity to be in ANY situation that risks your absolute gift of a career is just astonishing. 

Driving 140 mph in a 55 limit? I would cut him instantly.

Asleep at the wheel on a freeway exit?  Cut. Doesn't matter if he was drunk or not.

This guy belongs in jail. 

Edited by Heimdallr
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Doesn’t someone have to be charged and appear before a judge before a bond can be set?

Not from California so I don't know their specific laws. In my area the only charges that require you to appear before a judge prior to a bond being set are felonies or domestic violence. 1st offense DUI is a misdemeanor.

23 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Not from California so I don't know their specific laws. In my area the only charges that require you to appear before a judge prior to a bond being set are felonies or domestic violence. 1st offense DUI is a misdemeanor.

But a charge would still need to be made?

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

But a charge would still need to be made?

It's possible someone could be detained for the investigation, and released pending results of a blood test. Not best practices imo but it's possible. 

EDIT: The fact that an arrest report was referenced earlier makes me think he was charged.

Edited by Nnivolcm