TCMD - Frequently Asked Questions (OPEN)

ny92mike

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

If the new CBA vs the old CBA rules have been changed as to some of the dates, maybe it is to cut down on the tag and trade aspect.  I believe the NFA wanted to remove that as a scenario as players would prefer to be UFA and sign a deal where they want to go and not be limited by a tag and trade to a destination that they do not want.

You can still tag and trade players, are you asking about dates?

Just now, ny92jefferis said:

Not according to what I'm reading.

He was tagged Feb 5th, 2009, agreed to his tender two days later.  Was then traded to KC on Feb 28th, 2009.  Cassel then signed a long term deal on July 14th, 2009. 

Free agency opened Feb 27, 2009

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Its so crazy and mindblowing you think that will actually happen. No one is going to trade WAS anything to get him at a 35 Mil figure

The team that trades for him can extend his deal.  There are plenty of teams with tons of cap space.  You really have no argument for it not being a possibility.

5 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Its so crazy and mindblowing you think that will actually happen. No one is going to trade WAS anything to get him at a 35 Mil figure

Except Kirk can be tagged at 35 and have it be part of a LTD that brings his AAV down to below 27. Trading him to another team with the cap to do a LTD is not out of the realm of possibility. And shouldn't be disallowed.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The team that trades for him can extend his deal.  There are plenty of teams with tons of cap space.  You really have no argument for it not being a possibility.

My thing is WAS is going to want high draft picks, which in all actuallity most likely like 90% chance won't happen. Tech WAS can tell him to talk to teams and try and get a deal done and have them offer WAS what they'd want in a trade, but guaranteed no one gives WAS anywhere close to what they would be asking for. Theres soo many different moving parts that would have to work for a deal like that to go through. 

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

My thing is WAS is going to want high draft picks, which in all actuallity most likely like 90% chance won't happen. Tech WAS can tell him to talk to teams and try and get a deal done and have them offer WAS what they'd want in a trade, but guaranteed no one gives WAS anywhere close to what they would be asking for. Theres soo many different moving parts that would have to work for a deal like that to go through. 

Dude teams trade high draft picks for QBs all the time.

4 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Except, let's look at a possible Denver deal (for example). Washington wouldn't be looking for 2 firsts. Most likely a swap of firsts and possibly another pick from Denver (say 2nd or 3rd). That ain't "high draft picks" when you look at what they are giving up and getting in return.

As for so many moving parts, its why teams have more than one person running their Front Office.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Free agency opened Feb 27, 2009

Not the same day as you said.  

The problem with all of this is speculation, in Cassels case he signed his tender two days after he was tagged.  Jared Allen was likely different.  

How many times with this make that Kirk was tagged?  According to the CBA, the third time he's tagged must be a transition tag.

You and the broncos team are the only ones wanting the ability to tag and trade.  No one else is pushing for this.  I understand though, you've found someone willing to take Kirk Cousins and allow you a chance at moving up in the draft without giving up anything.

All this does is allow teams to bypass not only the tender offer sheet but allows teams to tag any player regardless of talent and trade them to someone willing to pay the cap and just opens the door to trading signed UFA players.   

The Good Faith Negotiation is designed to prevent tagging or signing players to contracts with the intention of trading them. 

3 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

The problem with all of this is speculation, in Cassels case he signed his tender two days after he was tagged.  Jared Allen was likely different.  

How many times with this make that Kirk was tagged?  According to the CBA, the third time he's tagged must be a transition tag.

You and the broncos team are the only ones wanting the ability to tag and trade.  No one else is pushing for this.  I understand though, you've found someone willing to take Kirk Cousins and allow you a chance at moving up in the draft without giving up anything.

All this does is allow teams to bypass not only the tender offer sheet but allows teams to tag any player regardless of talent and trade them to someone willing to pay the cap and just opens the door to trading signed UFA players.   

The Good Faith Negotiation is designed to prevent tagging or signing players to contracts with the intention of trading them. 

Omg 1 day.

You are wrong about the 3rd having to be transition tag.

Im not asking for an exception for the redskins I’m saying all teams should be able to trade franchise players.

7 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Usually not when they're gonna count so badly against the cap. out of all the teams, only 2 will even have room and i highly doubt he's going to wanna play for either of them CLE n NYJ. 

You "doubt". But there are at least 2 teams that may want him and have the cap to do it. You're also assuming that Cousins will demand $30m/yr for every team out there. Its quite possible Kirk tells the the Redskins he will never sign a LTD with them and that if they trade him to a team he will work out a team-friendly deal with them. That gets him out of Washington and gets the team something in return.

6 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

You need to read the CBA again then. The 3rd time he is tagged MUST be the exclusive tag. It does not specify that it must be a transition tag. I'll find the link for you

Archived