BREAKING:REDSKINS TRADE FOR ALEX SMITH

mar29020

9 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

explain how we are gonna do better with a worse qb??????? are we gonna be better then the eagles and dallas? probably not

We “could be better” because Smith could repeat or even surpass his 2017 season stats from KC because Gruden will throw the ball more than Reid did.

We could be better because we could sign a good running back or draft a good running back who rushes for over 1000 yards and around 10 TDs like the Chiefs did last year.

We could also be better because we will have some extra cap space to re-sign Brown and sign a good WR, LG, and a defender in FA. 

We also could be better if our OL, Reed and defensers stay healthy or more healthy in 2018. 

We also could be better next year because of more development by Allen, Crowder, Dunny, Doctson, Ioannidis, Lanier, Nicholson, Moreau and Preston Smith.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

We “could be better” because Smith will repeat or even surpass his 2016 season stats from KC in 2017 because Gruden will throw the ball better.

We could be better because we could sign a good running back or draft a good running back who rushes for over 1000 yards and around 10 TDs like the Chiefs did last year.

We could also be better because we will have some extra cap space to re-sign Brown and sign a good WR, LG, and a defender in FA. 

We also could be better if our OL, Reed and defensers stay healthy or more healthy in 2018. 

We also could be better next year because of more development by Allen, Crowder, Dunny, Doctson, Ioannidis, Lanier, Nicholson, Moreau and Preston Smith.

Larry Michael is that you?

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We “could be better” because Smith could repeat or even surpass his 2017 season stats from KC because Gruden will throw the ball more than Reid did.

I'll give you this, I think we could be marginally better next year just because I thought we were a better team this year but the injuries derailed us.  However, I don't think Alex Smith will ever take us anywhere in the playoffs, so a Super Bowl win is far out of our reach IMO.  We are a Wild Card team at best next year, probably 6-10 or 7-9 at worst.  So we aren't good enough to win it all and we aren't bad enough to get a high draft pick.  We're pretty much exactly what you don't want to be.  

58 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Well those were Vinny.  Unless you mean Snyder.

Know what is sad?

This year will mark the year where Bruce has been in charge just as long as Vinny.

And...

The Redskins need to go 10-6 this year for Bruce to surpass Vinny's win %

Think on that... and be dismayed.

17 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Know what is sad?

This year will mark the year where Bruce has been in charge just as long as Vinny.

And...

I still can't forgive Gibbs for ruining Portis and asking him to put on weight to take the pounding - a hall of great back - and for trading up the day before the draft in 2005. SMH.

Cerrato's day's were littered with bad trades involving picks and restructuring guaranteed money perpetually. Cerrato's team of scouts was also inferior to the current organization, before and after Scot.

21 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Know what is sad?

And...

Actually Gibbs was in charge for 2-3 Vinny years.

2 minutes ago, footy_29 said:

I still can't forgive Gibbs for ruining Portis and asking him to put on weight to take the pounding - a hall of great back - and for trading up the day before the draft in 2005. SMH.

Cerrato's day's were littered with bad trades involving picks and restructuring guaranteed money perpetually. Cerrato's team of scouts was also inferior to the current organization, before and after Scot.

That trade up the day before baffled me.  Had we waited we could have traded up for Rodgers instead.

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They still would've taken Campbell. Rodgers was never on their radar. 

I think what he is saying is, that if they had waited to do the draft day trade instead of the trade ahead of the draft, considering Rodgers was expected to be a top 10 pick, that we could have traded up for Rodgers instead of grabbing Campbell after he started to fall. 

3 hours ago, mar29020 said:

Larry Michael is that you?

What’s with these ridiculous attacking one statement answers. I’m tired of this crap. If I have to defend myself as a Redskins fan again because of someone calling me a Redskins team employee the Mods better get ready because my reaction will get me banned!

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

I think what he is saying is, that if they had waited to do the draft day trade instead of the trade ahead of the draft, considering Rodgers was expected to be a top 10 pick, that we could have traded up for Rodgers instead of grabbing Campbell after he started to fall. 

Doubt it, Gibbs thought that Campbell was the next Doug Williams.

Yes, we could have done a bunch of things different in the past 3 decades at QB but we didnt.

I don’t know if people listened to Cooley and Kevin this morning but Cooley had some interesting takes on Cousins and an interesting story of just one play he had in 07 that was clearly different for him when Collins took over for Campbell.

Archived