The tWo Hangout

1 minute ago, Jags said:

I can't wait to see that young core come together and tear it up. I really hope that they have success man. 

It's been long enough. I hope you're right.

Just now, Jags said:

Guess I'll have to start complaining more about the refs then. 

Problem is they go completely overboard + have like double/triple the amount of posters. It'll be a tough task. 

Just now, .Buzz said:

Problem is they go completely overboard + have like double/triple the amount of posters. It'll be a tough task. 

It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, but about the size of the fight in the dog. 

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

10 + pages on the Benn holding if that would have happened to the Titans. 

Its like clockwork.

• Like 2

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

Its like clockwork.

Yeah, I mean I get being upset about a call. We do that in here. But they go on for pages/bring it up later and continue for pages for each big call that goes against them it seems like. It's quite hilarious to read so I'm not complaining, but...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Its like clockwork.

Well we either complain more, which I tried to do about that ridiculous Powell touchdown, or we find other things to just ramble about. 

1 hour ago, VLoo said:

I'm not entirely sure Sakic knows how to manage an ice cream cone, let alone a hockey team. Yes, bringing back heroes from a franchise's past glory days does not always work out that well...

Indeed.  Canucks in the middle of something similar, bringing in Trevor Linden despite a complete and utter lack of qualification for his role as President of the team.  Needs to go back ro running his gym franchise or something.

The star players in the front office thing rarely succeeds.  The few instances where it does, are guys who have actually spent many years "interning" with a quality organization and then go somewhere else to try their hand at management.

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

Lifelong Lakers fan here. Kinda a Bulls fan because of Chicago...

Lakers? WHY!?!? Well I guess showtime (depending on your age) and Kobe and Shaq era was easily great and easy to get caught up in. BULLS! ARGH! I love the Heat. I'll try to go to a game this season. 

14 minutes ago, Jags said:

Lakers? WHY!?!? Well I guess showtime (depending on your age) and Kobe and Shaq era was easily great and easy to get caught up in. BULLS! ARGH! I love the Heat. I'll try to go to a game this season. 

I grew up in Central New York, away from any real team presence. The Knicks fandom didn’t quite reach up here in droves, mostly people were Syracuse fans. So my fandom in that pulled from my dad’s like for the Lakers, as well as an early introduction to Kobe’s larger than life persona, and then the same for Shaq. I don’t really have an attachment to them now that Kobe retired though, aside from liking Luke Walton. 

16 hours ago, Jags said:

No. I like it. I love it. It's great. I mean he does have 12 catches so he's getting 3 a game, but overall you have a great point. I think bigcatcountry just had an article about the frustrating use of LF.

The catches are good. My issue is that unless the play is a run or a screen/swing pass that’s designed to go to him, he doesn’t see the field.

He’s *supposed* to be a guy that defenses key in on. So let defenses think he’s getting the ball, run some play action and try to give these struggling receivers some plays where they are only going against three guys in the secondary because Fournette has drawn 8 into the box. At least give the passing game a chance to take advantage of 8 guys in the box. And if you do that, defenses put fewer than 8!in the box more often and it will allow LF to break off runs.

Or we can just continue to tip off what we’re doing on offense. That works too.